Ford EU EEC IV&V specificities

Tuning specific forum for all of Ford European and Australian specific tuning

Re: Ford EU EEC IV&V specificities

Unread postby Pym » Wed May 10, 2017 5:32 am

For information, I have a workaround to disassemble my 2 banks binaries. http://forum.efidynotuning.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1260
This was really necessary, because, when using my EEC V test bed with OBD tools, I have just realized that calibration name was directly available.
And because, all EEC V calibrations are available through direct download, just with their name, it is really necessary to be able to disassemble them quickly.
Pym
General Poster

Name: Pierre-Yves
Vehicle Information: Ford(EU) 91 Fiesta RS Turbo / EEC IV VM120 0FAB
TunerPro on Moates chips
Vehicle 2 Information: Ford(EU) 97 Puma 1.7 VCT / EEC V LP2-110 MUFF AXPDCB4
Vehicle 3 Information: Ford(EU) 97 Mondeo V / EEC V MLP-427 REED ATAFHE3
Additional Vehicles: Ford(EU) 91 Fiesta XR2i / EEC IV SD111 1AFA
Ford(EU) 98 Cougar V6 / EEC V ?

Re: Ford EU EEC IV&V specificities

Unread postby Pym » Mon May 15, 2017 2:39 am

Some new files from Mondeo and Cougar V6.
My Mondeo has been identified (through OBD, still not unmounted) as using an EEC V MLP-427 with ATAFHE3 Calibration (REED).
My Cougar (not at home for now) should use an EEC V MLF-4G7 with KHAI8AU (USES), the same than the Mondeo ST24.
To be clear, it is quite simple to understand which Calibrations were provided for cars using EEC IV, but for EEC V, it is really more complicated.
Mondeo V6 MK2 (1996-2000) has more than 10 different calibrations on 3 different hardware. Ok, an engine update was done in 1998 (different injectors, lower engine displacement), but it looks more like based on options of the vehicle.
So for example, for ATAFH(E) strategy, I have 3 versions, mine ATAFHE3 (REED), ATAFHE4 (?) and ATAFHE5 (TICK), with 3 real different Ford part numbers.
These calibrations are really near, with small changes, but I can not link them to vehicle specifications.
When I compare them with KHAI8(A) strategy, I can find many common parts, but yes it was really updated (because of hardware only ?). Loom and Pin out should be the same.
We should find the same thing on US market, with Contour and Mercury Cougar, so probably more information ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pym
General Poster

Name: Pierre-Yves
Vehicle Information: Ford(EU) 91 Fiesta RS Turbo / EEC IV VM120 0FAB
TunerPro on Moates chips
Vehicle 2 Information: Ford(EU) 97 Puma 1.7 VCT / EEC V LP2-110 MUFF AXPDCB4
Vehicle 3 Information: Ford(EU) 97 Mondeo V / EEC V MLP-427 REED ATAFHE3
Additional Vehicles: Ford(EU) 91 Fiesta XR2i / EEC IV SD111 1AFA
Ford(EU) 98 Cougar V6 / EEC V ?

Previous

Return to Ford Euro & Aussie Tuning