ECU Tools security dongle & Mongoose Pro for Ford

Anything not covered in the other forums.
ATPCR
Vehicle Information: 1997 Mountaineer 5.0 that originally had a wasted spark ignition system. I'm converting to coil-near-plug. I will use a 4.6 Luxury Sedan PCM & modified powertrain harness. It will be reprogrammed to operate the Windsor 5.0.

Re: ECU Tools security dongle & Mongoose Pro for Ford

Unread post by ATPCR »

September 6th I ordered a Mongoose Pro for Ford. Their website said to allow a day or two for shipping and estimated arrival time of September 12th. Still no package as of Sunday September 17th. I've sent an e-mail to the company with no response and their website does not have a phone number.
I'm starting to wonder if I got screwed. Has anyone ordered anything from vetronix.com? I hope this is a legit company. I was wanting to order directly from Drew Tech but I could not find a way to.
Added: As I search for the Mongoose, I'm finding Mongoose Pro for Ford and Mongoose Plus.... What iss the difference between the two? Michael, do you have any insight or anyone else for that matter?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

should be ok Ive never used them but theyve been around since the 90s. Not uncommon to wait up to 3 weeks to receive so I wouldnt be concerned yet

plus has a detachable usb AFAIK
ATPCR
Vehicle Information: 1997 Mountaineer 5.0 that originally had a wasted spark ignition system. I'm converting to coil-near-plug. I will use a 4.6 Luxury Sedan PCM & modified powertrain harness. It will be reprogrammed to operate the Windsor 5.0.

Unread post by ATPCR »

I'm still patiently waiting for the Mongoose Pro for Ford to show up. In the link provided below (and I know it is hard to tell something from a picture)
does the device have the appearance of a genuine "Drew Tech" product and not a knock off?
https://www.vetronix.com/products/mongoose-pro-ford
ATPCR

Unread post by ATPCR »

My Mongoose Pro for Ford order from Vetronix has been cancelled. Now I'm awaiting a refund. Are there any online businesses that would have this available? I may have found a Mongoose MG-PLUS-ISO/CAN3 for a reaseonable price. Will this device work with the PCM Flash software to read and write?
Cougar281
Vehicle Information: 1995 Mercury Cougar
2002 PI 4.6L V8
1999 J-Modded 4R70W
2004 PTP2 PCM

Unread post by Cougar281 »

Being J2534, it should almost certainly work with PCMFlash, however, depending on what you are looking to read/flash, it may not work for your application. If you're looking to read/flash something newer with CAN, then it should work, but if you're working with older PWM/SCP based EEC-V's, then I don't think it will. AESWave seems to carry both of them.
ATPCR

Unread post by ATPCR »

@Cougar281 1998 to 2003 PCMs.
I'm looking at this Scanmatik piece. Would it be as good or better than the Mongoose?
https://ecutools.eu/diagnosis/scanmatik ... aux-basic/
ATPCR

Re: ECU Tools security dongle, Mongoose Pro for Ford and Scanmatik 2 Pro

Unread post by ATPCR »

Thanks for y'alls input and advice. Today I ordered the Scanmatik 2 Pro + Aux from ECU Tools. It was the recommended tool to use with the PCM Flash software. It is made in Spain. I'm hoping the availability is better than the Mongoose. The Mongoose Pro and Plus are out of stock at most tuning supply businesses. I will be waiting 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.
cajun cobra
Vehicle Information: 2004 Ford SVT Cobra
wbo2_LC2

Unread post by cajun cobra »

I bought one a few years ago with the intention to do the pcmflash thing but I never did and I don't want to go that route anymore. The cable has been sitting in my closet and has never even been plugged. If ur interested I can send pics of it and I may be able to dig up the receipt as well. I would like to get what I paid for it which was around $450 I think.
ATPCR

Unread post by ATPCR »

@cajun cobra. Thanks for the offer. I already have Scanmatik 2 Pro on the way from ECU Tools which is the same place that I got the PCM Flash software from. Ironically ? it was the only module, #29, that it is recommended by them to use that tool. I will have to go back to their site to see if it is recommended for any other modules.