Return vs returnless fueling

For anything machine shop / speed shop or engine specific. More technical than the range but not quite tuning specific.
etx68
Vehicle Information: 2002 Ford Mustang GT
4.6 2V P1sc
wbo2-LC2

Return vs returnless fueling

Unread post by etx68 »

My 02 mustang currently has a cobra hat in a stock gt tank with the basket broken out. I recently came upon a deal on a cobra tank with a division x return style hat and wiring kit with dual walbro 465 pumps.

I'm wondering if I'll be better off to purchase the rest of the things needed and fully swap to a return style fuel system or buy new returnless pumps and the fittings required to hook it into the stock fuel system.

While I currently have no plans on going over 650whp in the future, I know that's been something I've told myself before and once I got to the level I wanted I ended up wanting more.

I wasn't sure if there's pros or cons to going either way as it seems like those who have gone return style love it and wouldn't go back and those who build high who returnless systems wouldn't change theirs either.
dleach1407
Vehicle Information: 95 Mustang GT, CBAZA Quarterhorse
331, 190 11R heads, Edelbrock Victor 50 manifold, F303, T5, 76mm Turbo, 91 octane, Returnless dual pump 03 cobra tank, Behind bars rails, 80# siemens injectors
wbo2_030MtxL

57 F100, RZASA, 04 Crown Vic ecu and harness, 302, GT40 heads, 4r70w, 80# deka5 shorties, Holley carb style throttle body, Speedmaster high rise intake manifold

Re: Return vs returnless fueling

Unread post by dleach1407 »

I converted to returnless with a hobbs switch to activate the second pump It reduces fuel heat build up. My car with just a single 340 would boil the fuel in a couple hours of driving. Returnless stops that from happening. I would suggest going returnless and trigger the second pump using a hobbs switch.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Return vs returnless fueling

Unread post by decipha »

I prefer returnless but it makes no difference.

Your fuel pumps for now should be sufficient.