Scanmatik 2 Pro & PCMFlash module #29 successful read

All hardware related, disassembly / programming and code discussions belong here.
ATPCR
Vehicle Information: 1997 Mountaineer 5.0 that originally had a wasted spark ignition system. I'm converting to coil-near-plug. I will use a 4.6 Luxury Sedan PCM & modified powertrain harness. It will be reprogrammed to operate the Windsor 5.0.

Scanmatik 2 Pro & PCMFlash module #29 successful read

Unread post by ATPCR »

I hope that this is an appropriate category for this post. Maybe all of you experts won't tire of all of my beginner posts.
ADDED: Maybe this should be moved to "Addtional Support"
I finally got to the point hardware, software etc. that I successfully was able to use the Scanmatik Pro 2 device along with PCMFlash module #29 to read an EEC-V PCM via the OBD2 port with my homemade bench box, "black box".
After my money was refunded for the Drewtech Mongoose PRO for Ford, I purchased the Scanmatik Pro 2 from ECUTools. It was recommended by them to use with PCMFlash module #29 that came from them too. The test went well and read an entire 224k bin that the software said that all of the checksums are correct, or however you say it. Here is the bin if Michael or anyone want to check it. The name of the file isn't a very complete name. When I tried to add the date to the file name, I wiped it. It is from a 1999 CVPI P71 ARA1 PCM that may have been dealership flashed up to an ARA3.
I opened in a hex editor program and I can't see how you can tell that the banks are swapped.
1999cv test scanmatik.bin
(224 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Cougar281
Vehicle Information: 1995 Mercury Cougar
2002 PI 4.6L V8
1999 J-Modded 4R70W
2004 PTP2 PCM

Re: Scanmatik 2 Pro & PCMFlash module #29 successful read

Unread post by Cougar281 »

Take a look at the Bank order swap utility here: https://www.customecm.com/custom-software

I have it and it makes it easy to switch between the 224k 1809 bank order and the 256k 0189 order. It can of course be done with a hex editor, but it's a pain.
mechanicalmatch
Vehicle Information: 00 F150 4.6L Extended cab
CVAF1
4R70 3.08

Unread post by mechanicalmatch »

I second Cougars post
ATPCR
Vehicle Information: 1997 Mountaineer 5.0 that originally had a wasted spark ignition system. I'm converting to coil-near-plug. I will use a 4.6 Luxury Sedan PCM & modified powertrain harness. It will be reprogrammed to operate the Windsor 5.0.

Unread post by ATPCR »

So, after reading a 1999 EEC-V PCM with PCMFlash software and want to convert the file from 1-8-0-9 224k, to 0-1-8-9 256k, so that it can be edited with the TunerPro software. Then when you want to use the OBD2 port and PCMFlash software, convert the 0-1-8-9 256k file to 1-8-0-9 224k, before flashing through the OBD2 port.?
pm sent
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

yeah you will need to swap the file back and forth.
ATPCR

Unread post by ATPCR »

Thanks, I get it now. I was getting dyslexic trying to bank swap manually. The Bank order swap utility works well.
I have a lot to do mechanically on the engine and then an involved segment, combining a '97 Mercury Mountaineer, 1999 Crown Vic powertrain control harness in to one hybrid harness to fit the MM. At that time, I will continue to post the progress in the garage & build category. After it is running, I will work on the tuning aspect of it. From run time, I anticipate it taking several months to be able to tune it effectively. Thanks to all of you guys for the help.
israelvzla
Vehicle Information: Mustang 2001 Automatic, completely stock

Unread post by israelvzla »

ATPCR wrote: 2023 Nov 26, 13:01 I hope that this is an appropriate category for this post. Maybe all of you experts won't tire of all of my beginner posts.
ADDED: Maybe this should be moved to "Addtional Support"
I finally got to the point hardware, software etc. that I successfully was able to use the Scanmatik Pro 2 device along with PCMFlash module #29 to read an EEC-V PCM via the OBD2 port with my homemade bench box, "black box".
After my money was refunded for the Drewtech Mongoose PRO for Ford, I purchased the Scanmatik Pro 2 from ECUTools. It was recommended by them to use with PCMFlash module #29 that came from them too. The test went well and read an entire 224k bin that the software said that all of the checksums are correct, or however you say it. Here is the bin if Michael or anyone want to check it. The name of the file isn't a very complete name. When I tried to add the date to the file name, I wiped it. It is from a 1999 CVPI P71 ARA1 PCM that may have been dealership flashed up to an ARA3.
I opened in a hex editor program and I can't see how you can tell that the banks are swapped.
1999cv test scanmatik.bin
I have Scanmatik 2 too, it works good, I've tested via obd2 connected to a 1998 Mustang and a 2001, and Also Read other newer models cars.
ATPCR

Unread post by ATPCR »

israelvzla It works well. Could I get bin file copies of your 1998 and 2001 Mustangs. Are they both V-8? Thanks
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

reading is no big deal anything will read them but writing requires the hardware to have an on-board 19v pull up so any device can read but only some can write

verify you can write too
ATPCR

Unread post by ATPCR »

Scanmatik 2 Pro does write. I've done it two times. It does have the 19v pull up.
scanmatik 2 pro compare.JPG
When I first purchased it and opened this users manual I said out loud "oh SH*T".
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0556/ ... 1661901337
The Scanmatik 2 Pro still cost as much as the Drewtech Mongoose for Ford