Hotwire Hotels FTL - do not use Hotwire

Good experience? Bad? Or just want to compliment or complain about an experience you've had with a company or individual? This is the place for all reviews good or bad.

Hotwire Hotels FTL - do not use Hotwire

Unread postby decipha » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:11 pm

putting this out there so others are aware

I travel alot with work which goes without saying I stay in hotels fairly regularly

Up until 3 weeks ago Ive always used priceline exclusively, Ive never had an issue with them

3 weeks ago a fellow colleague chose to use hotwire since they had hotels $20 cheaper per night than priceline, doesnt sound like a whole lot but when you factor in a stay time of 3 weeks it comes up to over $500 with the added tax and crap they tac on. The rooms were also here in south hutchinson, kansas which is an hour closer to where we were working so it was a win win. The biggest bonus was that the hotel was much nicer than the more expensive farther away hotel that we stayed in that first night. And even more beneficial was that the hotel was much closer to the city so there was significantly more restaurants and shopping available in close proximity.

So it just so happens that hutchinson has the kansas state country fair happening for 10 days starting on the 11th, which is right in the middle of my work schedule. So being such, I pre-paid to reserve 3 rooms here in mcpherson about 45 minutes away. I get to the hotel and they are completely booked, the only rooms they have available are single smoking rooms which is what hotwire auto-selected. Talking with the lady at the desk they suggested trying to get my reseevation moved to their next hotel in Salina some 30 minutes away.

So with that, and given that in my reservation I included 3 adults and 2 children (i.e. I need at least one preferably two double beds) with non-smoking preferred in my profile, I call hotwire and they have an estimated 10 min wait time, they have an option to leave your number and they'll call back with no loss in wait time, or so they claim. So some 20+ minutes later I get a call and what do you know? Its an automated recording "please stay on the line and the next available representative will be with you shortly...". 5 minutes or so later, a lady with a foreign accent answers that could barely speak english. I tried talking to her but I honestly couldnt understand her. She basically said theres nothing she could do and as for the children ask the hotel to accomodate them. The hotel said the best they could do was extra sheets and a cot. So to make a long story longer, no matter how you slice it its pretty shitty.

I know hotwire doesnt guarantee room selection in their terms but this shit sucks. You figure when hotwire hits your card for $1,800 you'd have some kind of assurance. But nope, not the case at all, absolutely none. Just posting my experience, your mileage may vary.
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Re: Hotwire Hotels FTL - do not use Hotwire

Unread postby StangD » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:12 am

Used to travel for work a lot. I'm a Priceline guy too, but have found most all of other the online hotel brokers to be decent, but not perfect. At the end of the day the hotel has an opportunity to screw you over and then try to explain they can't help screwing you over when you know better. :(

I hope the rest of your trip goes well anyway.
94 Mustang GT-T5-347(Fordstrokers DIY)-TF190s,FTI Cam,Ported Victor EFI,42s-LMAF,85MM TB-Nitrous-Suspension mods and DRs.
CBAZA-TM40

12.1 @119.50 NA

Pulling baby wheelies and breakin stuff.
StangD
Supporting Member 25

Name: Dewayne
Vehicle Information: 94 Mustang GT T5 CBAZA TM40

347 TF190-Victor EFI-LMAF- 85MM TB- 42s,4.10s-DRs

Return to Reviews, Compliments & Complaints