All Very Different

A1C calibration can be modified and configured to operate all EFI-SD4x ECUs in 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder configurations.
Mikestang
Vehicle Information: 1981 Mustang Racecar
DA1 PCM, Moates QH, BE software

All Very Different

Unread post by Mikestang »

It has been a while since i have logged on, I actually had to create a new Profile. Looks totally different. Is there still help avail?
I just have a few clarification Q's on my LUX0 DA1 tune...
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: All Very Different

Unread post by decipha »

yep new forum

details- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2

better than ever, shoot away
Mikestang

Ah, I see. I dont visit often, only when tuning a new set up. Seems I forget a lot between tuning adventures :lol:

Just to make sure im in the correct category, tuning my LUX0 DA1 PCM. It is in my 81 for mustang racecar. I remember the Ford SD stuff being a little different. Ill fill out my signature better so my car info is there. Has a fairly large cam, just trying to remember idle tuning stuff at this moment. Ill dig through the tech write ups a little more before getting into my specific questions. Thanks
Mikestang

What are your thoughts on using Clints EEC analyzer for modifying injector timing? I read at one time on the forums here to just set the table to 350 deg (I may have that number wrong from memory) when I tried it my car ran pretty poorly. I have always just left this table stock.

I haven't got around to tuning idle air yet, we are under feet of snow where I live at the moment.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

500. Make sure its set for end of timing and not beginning of timing though so its all in at 500 and not starting to spray at 500. INJREF is the scalar that comes to mind OTTOMH.

injector timing is very minimal and shouldn't have any major effects on the tune.
Mikestang

Ok, having a hard time getting this thing into idle control. All the write ups appear to be for MAF cars. I see that some of it should be roughly the same. Is there a better write up for controlling idle on a SD pcm? Ill get spec put into my sig when I get home tonight, but the cam is making min idle be around 900-1000 rpm. Targeting 1200 for idle. Engine at 180, spout out, base set to 10, TPS unplugged along with iac I can get a somewhat stable 1000 rpm idle. Forced OL, commanding 13.5 at idle for now, running close but jumping around quite a bit, 13-14:1. Plugged it all back in and adjusted neutral idle air down, idle is kind of 1200 with around a 35% iac control.

So like I said just looking for a more clear way to set idle correctly for SD

Also I cannot get the car to hot start, doesn't even try. I cant get it to start with the pedal on the floor, so seems it would be rich, but I removed a lot from cranking Inj PW, on top of the 30% decrease because of the larger injectors. Still nothin. Cold start starts pretty good. I even tried adding quite a bit. With a 6ms crank inj dc, after a 10 sec crank the plugs do not even smell like fuel? Im still working though this, any ideas would be helpful. Also does the VE table have anything to do at all with cranking start up? Is there any other parameters that should be changed when going to a idle this high? Is there a idle spark gain to slow down the spark reaction to idle rpm changes?

I hope for some help, no idea where else to go, other than maybe paying for a tune file? or even good tech help. Thanks
Mikestang

NM, I got it all figured out