‘19 F-150 XLT 3.3L SuperCrew Review

Good experience? Bad? Or just want to compliment or complain about an experience you've had with a company or individual? This is the place for all reviews good or bad.

‘19 F-150 XLT 3.3L SuperCrew Review

Unread postby decipha » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:29 am

My new work truck is a 19 xlt f150 5-6 bed with the baby 3.3 engine and 6spd trans n/a with the vinyl / fleather interior.

Been driving her a week now and these are my initial impressions

low speed shifting is horrible, shifts way too late. Shifts all need to be dropped 3mph at low throttle.
Throttle input is absolutely horrid. She needs 50% more throttle applied than needed at highway speeds. OSS modifier will take care of that.

Highway cruising is fine with 44psi in the tires at 65mph she knocks down 28mpg on low octane 87 regular E-10 pump.
I can only guess they lowered the mpg rating so it’s not such a stretch from the beloved eco boost and 5L.

The backup auto braking is early. When backing up the brakes are automatically applied if you get to close to a vehicle. The point it stops at leaves enough room for the tailgate to come down. If it’s adjustable It’s not immediately obvious just yet.

The auto DRLs are a little aggravating. I turned them off when parked during the day so they only come on in gear.

As for tuning fixes

The tcc doesn’t have much slip at low speed accel. Can easily gain 50 ft lbs, 2 mpg’s city and 30% throttle response by slipping it a touch during lugging.

WOT is acceptable as is. She won’t rotate the earth but for maybe ~250 hp she does fine. The WOT is just a hair under my old 15 5L.

The auto stall/start when stopped in gear is significantly better managed on this truck than other vehicles. It’s fine as is. If the ac blower motor was reduced and the off time was extended another 30 sec it would be perfect.

Parallel and reverse parking the truck gives the sensation that it’s larger than it really is. Not sure why yet but my 15 seemed significantly smaller sensation wise.

The fold up rear seats are significantly preferred to fold downs.

The front center seat that doubles as a fold down arm rest is bothersome. The cup holders hard plastic is in the worse possible location and gets tired some when resting your arm there.

I’d say overall for a work truck she’s much more refined than my old 14 Silverado with the 5.3 but not as comfortable as my old 15 5L. I’d still rate her a strong 4.5 stars overall. I’m pleased with her for what she is.

I’d recommend her for a business commuter with lots of highway use. I would not recommend towing with her at all.

Still yet to try out 4wd as I hadn’t had the need yet but I suspect it’s fine.
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Decipha Ponto
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Other Vehicle(s): Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce
07 GMC 2500HD 6L - Veranafer
06 Chrysler 300 AWD - Sharifa

Re: ‘19 F-150 XLT 3.3L SuperCrew Review

Unread postby decipha » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:15 pm

update- Throttle response is even worse than I thought.

Yesterday we had a party for my daughters 1st bday and I had to run to pick up pizza and ice. Since the marauder was the easiest accessible due to parking I hopped in it and annihilated the tires when I pulled off from in front my house, it was not intentional. It took me 3-4 blocks to relearn how to drive the car all the while swinging side to side, I couldn't keep it straight to save my life. Thank god I didnt hop in my harley truck otherwise I would have definitey wrapped it around a light pole and killed myself instantly.

I have only been driving the truck one week. Suffice to say the throttle is absolutely horrible. Given the same amount of pedal effort to maintain 30mph in the truck is equivalent to doing 85mph in the marauder. The difference is that significant. In fact its enough that it presents a safety issue.

Ive never driven a vehicle with such horrible throttle control in my life.
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Decipha Ponto
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Other Vehicle(s): Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda