Expanding on the ideas of others

Disassembly, Programming, Coding, Assembly, Binary information and all hacking discussions belong here.

Expanding on the ideas of others

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:14 pm

You guys have said for years that at some point, a collaborative effort should be made among the crazies that work on disassembly.

Well, given my experience on Android, I know that people work better when they can see another's work.

With that said, I'll attempt to be the catalyst for said effort. Let me formally introduce you to the OpenEEC-Project

I believe github is a good place to start this, since Atlassian's bitbucket can be confusing (but private repos are free there). So how about it, guys? Who's in?

(I'll put SAD up tonight, when I get the chance. Guess who gets to learn "git for windows")
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Name: Anthony Cox
Vehicle Information: 1990 Ford Ranger FLH2 conversion. Ford forged/dished pistons, Total Seal file-fit rings, Clevite rod and main bearings, Clevite cam bearings, IHI turbo, Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors, Ford slot MAF in custom 3" housing. Moates Quarterhorse with Binary Editor, using the PAAD6 database.
Vehicle 2 Information: Stock 1990 Ranger. ICM relocation

Re: Expanding on the ideas of others

Unread postby decipha » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:39 pm

i dont understand what your trying to achieve?
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:19 pm

decipha wrote:i dont understand what your trying to achieve?

The same as any other collaborative project: to share knowledge, skill and experience. We all have a goal in common, why not work together to get there? Both Pym and tvr have open sourced their disassemblers, Lawrence's always was... This way, its all in one place, and a single person is not burdened with keeping everything current.
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Vehicle Information: 1990 Ford Ranger FLH2 conversion. Ford forged/dished pistons, Total Seal file-fit rings, Clevite rod and main bearings, Clevite cam bearings, IHI turbo, Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors, Ford slot MAF in custom 3" housing. Moates Quarterhorse with Binary Editor, using the PAAD6 database.

Unread postby decipha » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:07 pm

ah i see
decipha
Tooner

91 4r70w - Skarlett
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:05 am

Do you happen to have a last name or Email address for Andy? I'd love to give proper authorship
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Unread postby ranga83 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:18 am

Why not just put all the files in the disassembly post?
ranga83
Power Poster

Name: kendall
Vehicle Information: 1996 EF Falcon 4.0 inline 6, 4TAD ecu, tunerpro, and moates q/h

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:03 am

ranga83 wrote:Why not just put all the files in the disassembly post?

I already have the source, I just wanted to make sure Andy's name was on it.
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Finally touched base with tvrfan, and he was very open to the idea. So far, the project is slow to take off, but it's going.

EEC-IV-disassembler

The title was Andy's idea, not mine.

I also created a Telegram chat. Its awful quiet in there
Telegram
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:33 pm

And here we have SAD running on Android. This is why I encouraged the OpenEEC project. If you look at the github, I'll have the code updated shortly.
Screenshot_ConnectBot_20180423-211219.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Unread postby decipha » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:25 am

i still dont undrstand the point, it would be a pain to do disassembly on an andriod or mobile device. I typically have 4 to 5 listings open at once to follow jumps and calls and to see whats doing what in order to make any useable sense out of the code. That would be extremely difficult on an andriod device.
decipha
Tooner

91 4r70w - Skarlett
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:21 pm

decipha wrote:i still dont undrstand the point, it would be a pain to do disassembly on an andriod or mobile device. I typically have 4 to 5 listings open at once to follow jumps and calls and to see whats doing what in order to make any useable sense out of the code. That would be extremely difficult on an andriod device.

Because I don't sit at a computer all the time.

I'm working on an app that can open the files so you can view them in a text editor. To the trained eye, you'd be able to spot the common sub's and label them accordingly.

I do see your point though.
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Unread postby Pym » Wed May 23, 2018 12:14 pm

No interest to move SAD806x too to android (I have already created some software on it and I can say it will be horrible to use),
but as we had already discussed on it, publishing sources on GitHub will permit the project to continue living or at least to give a base for another one.
My shitty code is getting worse and worse, each time I add new things, so even if the job is not finished for me, it is the moment to keep trace of sources.
I will provide them to you soon.
Pym
Hacker

Name: Pierre-Yves
Vehicle Information: Ford(EU) 91 Fiesta RS Turbo / EEC IV VM120 0FAB
TunerPro on Moates chips
Vehicle 2 Information: Ford(EU) 97 Puma 1.7 VCT / EEC V LP2-110 MUFF AXPDCB4
Vehicle 3 Information: Ford(EU) 97 Mondeo V / EEC V MLP-427 REED ATAFHE3
Additional Vehicles: Ford(EU) 91 Fiesta XR2i / EEC IV SD111 1AFA
Ford(EU) 98 Cougar V6 / EEC V ?

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Pym wrote:No interest to move SAD806x too to android (I have already created some software on it and I can say it will be horrible to use),
but as we had already discussed on it, publishing sources on GitHub will permit the project to continue living or at least to give a base for another one.
My shitty code is getting worse and worse, each time I add new things, so even if the job is not finished for me, it is the moment to keep trace of sources.
I will provide them to you soon.

806x would be way overcomplicated on Android :D . SAD was easy.
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Return to Programming & Coding