Mach 1 CR

European strategy specific for 2004 ford mustang euro spec but also modified by SVT and used on the 03/04 cobra. Can be used on all 2002-2004 mustang v8 and v6 manual and automatics. Supports automatic 4r70w control. Can be used on 2001-2004 ford F-150 4.6 / 5.4 ecu's if configured correctly as well.
mbsvt1
Vehicle Information: 1992 Ford Mustang 5.0 LX vert 5 speed summer edition
347 cid
TFS twisted wedge heads. 10.1 CPR
Long tubs 2.5 full Exhaust
Comp Cams extreme energy 282
#30 injectors pro-m 80mm MAF Quarterhorse chip

Mach 1 CR

Unread post by mbsvt1 »

Question How high can I go on CR 04 Mach1 using 93 pump gas? and or E85 fuel?
mbsvt1
347 cid

Re: Mach 1 CR

Unread post by mbsvt1 »

Question How high can I go on CR 04 Mach1 using 93 pump gas? and or E85 fuel?
I am in the process of rebuilding my motor, stock CR for Mach1 is 10.1 and I would like to add little more compression...
Currently I have Kooks LT 3" collectors 3: x pipe, Todd Warren cams, BBK 65MM Throttle Body, 4.56 gears 5s speed.

I see that on ModMax Racing website they show using Manley flat top Pistons obtaining 11.17:1 CR for a 4.6 4v motor.
I will be using QH
Thank you
MB
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Unread post by m-barans »

I plan on doing a similar build. I purchased pistons from mod max and am pleased with the cp pistons they offered. If I was to go again (especially NA) I would go with custom mmr (manleys) and a coyote crankshaft with gen 3 coyote rods. To answer your question: 11:5 to 1 static compression ratio is probably fine. Less spark advance may be in order to reach mbt, Sounds like a coyote numbers because it basically is less the variable cam timing. Jmho
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Also forgot to note that mod max piston charts may not be organized quite well and is a best guess from what I had calculated. CPs are good pistons but a custom piston isn’t really more expensive. Might as well stroke the motor a touch while you are there.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Pump gas I wouldn't go any more than 11.5:1 on E85 keep it under 18:1 if your going to be boosted then under 15:1
mbsvt1
347 cid

Unread post by mbsvt1 »

m-barans wrote: 2023 Nov 26, 21:53 I plan on doing a similar build. I purchased pistons from mod max and am pleased with the cp pistons they offered. If I was to go again (especially NA) I would go with custom mmr (manleys) and a coyote crankshaft with gen 3 coyote rods. To answer your question: 11:5 to 1 static compression ratio is probably fine. Less spark advance may be in order to reach mbt, Sounds like a coyote numbers because it basically is less the variable cam timing. Jmho
I did not realize you can use gen 3 coyote rods and pistons for my engine block.
Humm Maybe a call into MMR and see what they suggest.
Ty Mb
mbsvt1
347 cid

Unread post by mbsvt1 »

m-barans wrote: 2023 Nov 26, 21:56 Also forgot to note that mod max piston charts may not be organized quite well and is a best guess from what I had calculated. CPs are good pistons but a custom piston isn’t really more expensive. Might as well stroke the motor a touch while you are there.
My last build was with MMR 4.75 stroker kit for my 03 Cobra with a gen 3r 2.65 VMP
m-barans

mbsvt1 wrote: 2023 Nov 27, 08:39
m-barans wrote: 2023 Nov 26, 21:56 Also forgot to note that mod max piston charts may not be organized quite well and is a best guess from what I had calculated. CPs are good pistons but a custom piston isn’t really more expensive. Might as well stroke the motor a touch while you are there.
My last build was with MMR 4.75 stroker kit for my 03 Cobra with a gen 3r 2.65 VMP
Sounds like a good build! My marauder engine is an iron block with Manley stock stroke crank, h-tuff Manley h beams and CPs with stainless rings and the 2.65 on top. I went a little heavier on the rotating assembly but she wraps out nicely.

But if I were to go N/A without the larger bores I would at least throw a coyote crank and rods in there. Inexpensive high quality mass production components, kind of like a Chevy thing! So that is a win for mod ford rodders… not to mention the weight savings
mbsvt1
347 cid

Unread post by mbsvt1 »

Well, I ordered my 5.0 forged stroker kit .020 over Manley flat tops pistons with king bearings from ModMax Racing.

I will use ARP handwear and have the rotating assembly balanced.
Kook LT 3" Kooks x pipe Todd Waren spec N/A cams. 65mm BBK TB #30 injectors 90mm maf sensor

When all said and done, I will be reaching out to Mr. Decipha for one of his remote tunes VIA QH to help me dial it in.
Should be a good street combo.
MB
waltnono
Vehicle Information: 1995 Mustang V8 Swap
WH40
76mm Turbo
4r70W
wbo2-uego

Unread post by waltnono »

m-barans wrote: 2023 Nov 28, 22:58
mbsvt1 wrote: 2023 Nov 27, 08:39
Sounds like a good build! My marauder engine is an iron block with Manley stock stroke crank, h-tuff Manley h beams and CPs with stainless rings and the 2.65 on top. I went a little heavier on the rotating assembly but she wraps out nicely.

But if I were to go N/A without the larger bores I would at least throw a coyote crank and rods in there. Inexpensive high quality mass production components, kind of like a Chevy thing! So that is a win for mod ford rodders… not to mention the weight savings
I remember reading about using a coyote crank but at least one of the issues was the oil pump. I don't remember full details, but the coyote crank is not plug and play. The woodruff key and oil pump rings a bell. Do you have more information on how to modify a coyote crank for these 4.6 block?