Rpm's climbing when put into gear

Covers most all fords in the 96/97 model year including but not limited to mustangs v6, v8, cobra, thunderbids, lincoln town car, grand marquis, crown vic and even some trucks and vans.
Squinks
Vehicle Information: 95 F150 | 5.8L 351W | MAF Conversion AHACB/HOG0 | Trick Flow R Intake | Trick Flow 36lb Injectors | Pro M 36lb Calb MAF | GT40 Heads | Lunati Street/Strip Cam |Binary Editor | E40D Transmission | Shorty Headers

Rpm's climbing when put into gear

Unread post by Squinks »

I am attaching my data log and tune for reference. The truck idles perfect "Blip the throttle rpms come down smoothly" and also drives down the street if you got a clear shot ahead...
Issue is...When I put the vehicle into gear the RPMs shoot up and the truck wants to take off immediately. If I let it accelerate without fighting it the truck will climb up to around 8mph then the rpms decay. The truck will repeatedly do this when trying to sit at a complete stop. I have tried everything to my knowledge of a 2 week binge on Decipha's Write up's, tweaking Dashpot Tables to no avail.
MAF curve is from the flow sheet provided with MAF (Added +5% @ Idle)
Injector Slopes are skewed to 39.50 Fuel Pressure (did my best)
I appreciate anyone curious enough of look into this.
Using Binary Editor for tuning/ Do I make the leap to TunerPro?
Link to Datalog & Tune:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/11lv0kzn ... imi3e&dl=0

Thanks,
Attachments
Base Idle Ford Squinks.BEB
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
Squinks
Vehicle Information: 95 F150 | 5.8L 351W | MAF Conversion AHACB/HOG0 | Trick Flow R Intake | Trick Flow 36lb Injectors | Pro M 36lb Calb MAF | GT40 Heads | Lunati Street/Strip Cam |Binary Editor | E40D Transmission | Shorty Headers

Re: Rpm's climbing when put into gear

Unread post by Squinks »

Been messing around with the ISC drive multiplier. Am I just not shooting low enough values into that table?
Squinks

Unread post by Squinks »

Looking further into the tune this morning. Im positive I have some functions in here I have set wrong. Give me time, Give me time I wanna figure this out and not have a hand held to the finish line.
Squinks

Unread post by Squinks »

Starting from the top. I will keep you updated. Really want to figure this out without needing a hand.
Thanks,
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

air spark and fuel

see which one spikes when you put it in gear
Squinks

Unread post by Squinks »

Spike in air,
Tinkering around some more with the tune and doing more research now.
Squinks

Unread post by Squinks »

TP is shooting from .98 to 1.05 when puting vehicle into drive. Failing TPS? Might as well go grab one.
red5.0fogger
Vehicle Information: 1986 Mustang GT, Stock block, TFS 170 Heads , N41 cam, ported cobra intake, nitrous, T5 , 3.73s

Unread post by red5.0fogger »

wiggle the wires to the tps while watching the value. Then do farther down the harness as needed. You may have wiring problem or missing ground wires.
Squinks

Unread post by Squinks »

Got it all handled! New tps. New Throttle Cable. Voltage is steady when at idle. Time to datalog!