Global K Constant / Scaling Percentage

Covers all sn94/95 mustang v8 ecu's.
DOHCTOR_32V
Vehicle Information: 95 Cobra

Re: Global K Constant / Scaling Percentage

Unread post by DOHCTOR_32V »

If I have thought this through correctly, it appears that nothing has to be manually scaled, because changing the high slope alters the "auto calculated" scaling %, which in turn scales calculations during system operation, of the MAF curve, SARCHG, ect in the background. I simply need to enter the actual cubic inches, actual low slope, breakpoint, and known good MAF curve just as it is in the existing, good tune. Am I on the right track now?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

correct there is no scaling everything is actual values

for example if you had 210 lb injectors then your high slope will be 210 lbs.

just remember to only open and change the high slope by itself and close out that parameter before opening or changing any other parameter and anytime u change the high slope all SP** parameters need to be updated
DOHCTOR_32V

Thanks for sticking with me on this. Sorry to be thick headed.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

yeah no problem

let me know what it was exactly you were doing incorrectly so I can update the write ups so others don't make the same mistake
DOHCTOR_32V

I believe I made two mistakes.

1. I did not change the high slope first. I read through the fuel writeup a couple of times, and I don't believe there is instruction to do that first.
Changing high slope FIRST is alluded to in the high slope notes, within TunerPro, although not stated as imperative.

The high slope scalar, pop up notes wording "DO NOT EDIT" does not exist for any slope related parameter. The part stating "Change the DO NOT EDIT - Injector high slope parameter to 30.00" is confusing, since the only 30 focused on at this point for me, is the k-constant value. It poses the questions - Why 30.00, if the actual high slope is not going to be 30? What does changing it to 30.00, then going right back and changing it to the actual injector high slope do? May be bad interpretation on my part. Those notes / instructions are more clear to me now, but in the beginning had me guessing.

2. I am sure at some point I opened the tune in Binary Editor. All of the injector data and SARCHG was scaled, so without understanding the K-constant concept in TunerPro, I changed some, or all of those scalars back to actual injector data and actual SARCHG. That's hard to admit, but Yeah, I know better since yesterday. Ouch!
notes.png
DOHCTOR_32V

Went riding with the new T4M2 tune. She's running pretty strong. No hiccups.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

cool ill be sure to add it in there

yeah i wrote those comments back in 19 before i changed the name to k constant. Ill update it when i push the next update.

why 30 is detailed in the fuel write up
DOHCTOR_32V

decipha wrote: 2022 Jun 30, 19:05 why 30 is detailed in the fuel write up
The 30.000 I was referring to, is in the TunerPro, high slope scalar, pop up, comments. I understood it to say - change the high slope to 30.000 and then change it to the actual injector Lbs/Hr. Dunno why that is there. No reference to k-constant.

I do notice my fueling to be more stable / predictable with TunerPro. Now if I can figure out how to use the history tables. Any tutorials around?
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

thats cuz
decipha wrote: 2022 Jun 30, 19:05 i wrote those comments back in 19 before i changed the name to k constant.
histogram is simple just open up the histogram you want and set it to average
leave the histogram open in the background and drive around

then apply the correction it gives you
DOHCTOR_32V

What is the simple way to apply the corrections?

The N_TP_TOTLDSTerrr history, average correction table, values don't fall in range. Some corrections well over the 1.99 limit of the FN1036A table.

What am I doing wrong?