stall out under certain conditions

Covers most all 98 fords including mustang v6, v8, cobra, lincoln town car, grand marquis and crown vic.
redtopracer
Vehicle Information: 98 mustang gt 5 spd

stall out under certain conditions

Unread post by redtopracer »

Got the dashpot pretty much there, not sure what Im missing here.

Car likes to die if I ride the gear to a stop and clutch in about 1k rpms. It is the only time the stupid thing dies now and its super embarrassing.

Normal idle down holds about 1100rpm's and drops to 800-750 idle is set at 756.

Am I just gonna have to clutch in later from now on lol?
redtopracer

Re: stall out under certain conditions

also, will the new cra18 xdf work with the old craj0 bin? The datalogging patch shows indeterminate on the ADX and BIN you previously had listed here.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

that means dasmph is set too high and dashpot is decayed out or dasmin is set too low in the min clip function or your isc multiplier isn't dialed in so idle air is too far off.

crai8 and craj0 are 95% identical but there are differences. You will need a CRAI8 converted file to use the crai8 def. However I have not fully completed the crai8 logging yet and there are some discrepancies.

When I get time i'll go through it and let you know. Probably won't be for a while though as its pretty far down the list.
redtopracer

Yeah its been a bit of an uphill fight tuning a lot of the craj0 stuff, a lot of it isnt labeled at all in the x or y axis, so I kinda just have to go off how other bins are setup.

I got the datalogging patch to show patched by removing the old datalogging patch and applying the new one. Havent gotten to test it yet. But I am extremely excited too. Whole lot of new stuff to use lol. Is the shift light option in transmission selection functional?

Im guessing you need a decipha flavored crai8 bin to work properly with your xdf?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

if you have the shift light functional then yes