EGR spark modifiers and fuel pump control

Covers most all 98 fords including mustang v6, v8, cobra, lincoln town car, grand marquis and crown vic.
redtopracer
Vehicle Information: 98 mustang gt 5 spd

EGR spark modifiers and fuel pump control

Unread post by redtopracer »

Rounding out my first engine up build with heads I ported and trying to see if you can include some of the more granular EGR and fuel pump controls that were available on your previous iterations of the craj0 def and bin.

Ive significantly changed my CR from stock and the stock EGR spark modifiers wont work for me anymore Im afraid, getting some pinging even with neutered timing in fn2200 at PT with EGR flowing.

Was also hoping you could include the high speed fuel pump control that was also previously included. Want to deactivate the low speed section to open up my fuel pump choices. The pre 97 pumps cog when not fed enough voltage al la the 2 speed pump control on the 98 gt's.
red5.0fogger
Vehicle Information: 1986 Mustang GT, Stock block, TFS 170 Heads , N41 cam, ported cobra intake, nitrous, T5 , 3.73s

Re: EGR spark modifiers and fuel pump control

Unread post by red5.0fogger »

I wouldn't feel bad having to retard the timing. I'd rather have more compression than timing. (within reason)
How much cranking compression does she have now? What ratio were you going for?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

I don't recommend using egr spark modifiers. Best bet is to null them all out.

If your getting pinging only when the egr is flowing then that means your flowing too much egr. EGR should increase the knock threshold not reduce it.

2 speed pump control was for emissions and nothing else. But in any case I can add the pump switch next time im in crai8 no prob.
redtopracer
Vehicle Information: 98 mustang gt 5 spd

Unread post by redtopracer »

I cant use EGR spark modifiers thats the thing, it just has EGR on, off and sonic function while previously you could actually adjust what the car was doing when EGR was active.