RPM Flare on Cold Start

European strategy specific for 2004 ford mustang euro spec but also modified by SVT and used on the 03/04 cobra. Can be used on all 2002-2004 mustang v8 and v6 manual and automatics. Supports automatic 4r70w control. Can be used on 2001-2004 ford F-150 4.6 / 5.4 ecu's if configured correctly as well.
bad86capri
Vehicle Information: 1986 Capri 306, Twisted Wedge heads, RPM II Intake, Anderson B3 cam, 80Lbs Siemens Injectors, MAC Longtube Headers, G-Force T5, Spec 6 Puck Clutch, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft.

RPM Flare on Cold Start

Unread post by bad86capri »

For starters my 03 Mach is still running off the stock tune. Im hoping to have time in the coming days to start tuning it again. I feel i have all the mechanical bugs worked out and im at a good point to start tuning. The first thing i want to address is the RPM flare on cold starts. When it first starts the rpm will flare up to around 2200rpm. This may be normal but seems high to me. Do i need to adjust CRANK ISCDTY to bring down the rpm? The other issue i want to address is with the ac compressor running, whether in AC mode or defrost mode, the engine will sometimes, not all the time, stall after the rpm has settled back down after pressing in the clutch and coming to stop. Part of me thinks that there may be to much pressure in the ac system creating a load on the engine but im not sure. The AC blows nice and cold in hot summer heat. Anyway, any advice would great.
bad86capri
Vehicle Information: 1986 Capri 306, Twisted Wedge heads, RPM II Intake, Anderson B3 cam, 80Lbs Siemens Injectors, MAC Longtube Headers, G-Force T5, Spec 6 Puck Clutch, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft.

Re: RPM Flare on Cold Start

On the declutch stalling issue, would i need to kick up FN894 Daspot MIN Clip at 800 rpm?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

No, crank iscdc is only during cranking and key off, soon as it fires off it goes in to idle which is derived from idle air.

What all do you have done ?
bad86capri

97 lincoln short block, 04 C heads, 01 cobra cams, longtube headers and a x-pipe. Its a 5 speed car. The egr, rear o2s and knock sensors are deleted. The knock sensor harness was cut when i got the car and i had a hard time tracking down one so i left them out. The car runs good on the stock tune. Good drivability, averages around 20mpg.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Thats just a stock car it should run like stock.

Make sure your throttle stop is set correctly.

Read the idle air and dashpot write ups.