Fuel Pump on time before start

Covers all sn94/95 mustang v8 ecu's.
Heemie69
Vehicle Information: 1994 F150 running CBAZA J4J1

Fuel Pump on time before start

Unread post by Heemie69 »

When the key is turned on, the fuel pump runs a stock time of about two seconds and then shuts off.

My replacement fuel pressure regulator does not keep the system under pressure after shutoff like a factory piece.

How do I increase the fuel pump run time in CBAZA J4J1 when the key is ON, before I start the engine?

Using Binary Editor.

Thanks!

Heemie ......
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Fuel Pump on time before start

Unread post by decipha »

stock is 1 sec

thats cuz your regulator is junk

you cant, you have to use tunerpro or ask your strat developer to add it
Heemie69

Decipha,

Yes, certainly you are right - the NAPA regulator is junk. You also confirmed my guess that I can't increase the pump run time.

Do the Motorcraft replacement FP regulators have the proper residual pressure valve?

Which aftermarket adjustable FP regulators aren't junk and do have the valve?

Thanks for your assistance Decipha. Your write-ups have helped me get my 398 CI CBAZA truck and 331 CI Mark VII GUF1 dialed in and running smoothly.

Heemie .......
dleach1407
Vehicle Information: 95 Mustang GT, CBAZA Quarterhorse
331, 190 11R heads, Edelbrock Victor 50 manifold, F303, T5, 76mm Turbo, 91 octane, Returnless dual pump 03 cobra tank, Behind bars rails, 80# siemens injectors
wbo2_030MtxL

57 F100, RZASA, 04 Crown Vic ecu and harness, 302, GT40 heads, 4r70w, 80# deka5 shorties, Holley carb style throttle body, Speedmaster high rise intake manifold

Unread post by dleach1407 »

the motorcraft regulators hold the pressure although napa parts are usually decent quality, they both should hold pressure. I helped my brother fix an old ford van that wouldnt hold pressure and the hose from the pump to the fuel hat had a hole in it. You also could have something similar going on in the tank.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

pre tune info
Heemie69

DLeach,

Thanks, my Lincoln Mark VII had a similar problem - a hole in the hose from the pump to the tank hat. I pulled the tank, replaced the hose with the special immersion spec hose and installed a Walbro pump and a BBK adjustable FP regulator. To my wonderment, it still won't hold pressure and I wonder if the expensive BBK regulator doesn't have a residual pressure valve. Or maybe the new pump's residual pressure valve is bad. Other than that, it runs fine.

The truck never misses a beat, but has not had its tank pulled yet, so I can suspect the tank hose, pump valve or the replacement FP regulator.

Therefore, I was trying to band-aid both crappy-starting vehicles with more pump run time before start.

Decipha - Thanks again for your advice; however, I didn't understand "pre-tune info" .....

Heemie .....
red5.0fogger
Vehicle Information: 1986 Mustang GT, Stock block, TFS 170 Heads , N41 cam, ported cobra intake, nitrous, T5 , 3.73s

Unread post by red5.0fogger »

Heemie69 wrote: 2021 Jul 20, 16:30 DLeach,

Thanks, my Lincoln Mark VII had a similar problem - a hole in the hose from the pump to the tank hat. I pulled the tank, replaced the hose with the special immersion spec hose and installed a Walbro pump and a BBK adjustable FP regulator. To my wonderment, it still won't hold pressure and I wonder if the expensive BBK regulator doesn't have a residual pressure valve. Or maybe the new pump's residual pressure valve is bad. Other than that, it runs fine.

The truck never misses a beat, but has not had its tank pulled yet, so I can suspect the tank hose, pump valve or the replacement FP regulator.

Therefore, I was trying to band-aid both crappy-starting vehicles with more pump run time before start.

Decipha - Thanks again for your advice; however, I didn't understand "pre-tune info" .....

Heemie .....
There's a bunch of write ups on the main page efidynotuning.com without "forum" in front of it. Those write ups are full of info that is commonly wondered about. You can get there by clicking homepage also. under listing.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

The pre tune info write up specifies kirban regulators if going aftermarket adjustable.

http://www.efidynotuning.com/pre.htm