Entry / Parameter ID

Covers all sn94/95 mustang v8 ecu's.
DOHCTOR_32V
Vehicle Information: 95 Cobra

Entry / Parameter ID

Unread post by DOHCTOR_32V »

Hello, I have a tune that was built long ago, and found something I don't recall entering. I can't find any reference to these settings, PID or function. I was wondering if Decipha or someone else could offer any insight on what this is, and what it accomplishes? Left is stock CBAZA - J4J1, and right "compare column" contains the modified values. Thank You.
Misc - FFCC.png
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Entry / Parameter ID

Unread post by decipha »

Thats the egr mass multiplier function. You probably never changed it. Most likely reason why its like that is because at some point you wrote your tune to a chip and read it back out. The chips don't serve the last bit of the rom unless the jumpers are soldered on the moates j3 chip.
DOHCTOR_32V

Thanks, I will try to replicate that, but I don't believe this tune was ever read from a chip with my Jaybird. What do you recommend I do about this? Should I just try to maintain the stock entries when I burn to chip and make sure it doesn't get changed if I read the tune from the chip?

Should I get a mod to my F3, or will everything continue work as intended without being concerned about glitches in my tunes?
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

just copy the ass end of a stock file over no biggie
DOHCTOR_32V

LOL, Is there a way to copy just the tail end, or do I just manually correct the tune and overwrite the whole thing? Just trying to learn a new trick if you have one. :)
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

just simply do a compare and copy the end over
DOHCTOR_32V

Okay, I see the "Easy Button". Thanks :)
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

When you posted this I though you meant it literally as there is a button to do just that but I just seen in your other thread you posted a BE screen shot. I assumed you were using TunerPro. I do not believe BE will let you copy the tail end of a rom. In TunerPro you simply do a compare and simply highlight the end of the rom and click copy, it takes all of 1 second. That easy button you speak of is literally in the compare.

You will need to use TunerPro to repair your file.
DOHCTOR_32V

I just went through and adjusted every scalar, table, function and entry manually, in a new, clean, J4J1.bin. I compared the two tune files after manually correcting that Misc - FFCC in the file that needed repair. The two matched when I was done and nothing was out of the ordinary. The only thing to do now is to test the theory or getting a bad file upon reading the chip. I'll check that later.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

its not a theory lol