EEC-IV JOY0 support

Anything not covered in the other forums.
DetroitBronco
Vehicle Information: 1995 Ford Bronco sport (black) with manual transmission. Came with 5.0L speed density OBD1. Installed factory new 1995 5.8L engine. Headers only, rest is stock. Current ECU is JOY0. 6 inch lift, 35's, 4:56 trutrac gears.

EEC-IV JOY0 support

Unread post by DetroitBronco »

Hello, I apologize in advance, I am a noob to this. In my searches I have not found any reference to my ecu. It is from a 1995 Bronco 5.0L manual. SD OBD1. Is this strategy available? I have replaced the engine with a 5.8L . Am I correct in assuming that updates/changes need to be made? Any guidance or starting points appreciated.

Phil
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: EEC-IV JOY0 support

Unread post by decipha »

yep A1C is what youll need

viewtopic.php?t=64
DetroitBronco
Vehicle Information: 1995 Ford Bronco sport (black) with manual transmission. Came with 5.0L speed density OBD1. Installed factory new 1995 5.8L engine. Headers only, rest is stock. Current ECU is JOY0. 6 inch lift, 35's, 4:56 trutrac gears.

Unread post by DetroitBronco »

Decipha,

Thank you. I did try to do my due diligence and I actually read that thread. I didnt see the name JOY0 in the list or even on the master lists. For clarity, I don't need a JOY0 bin file (or other extention) to start with, just use the A1C, load that, then muck around at will? Is the JOY0 only for 5.0L? Does the A1C include a parameter for engine displacement selection now that I have a 5.8L? Also, am I damaging my new motor running the 5.0L setup at all?

Again, thanks!
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

JOY0 is just the cal code, theres thousand of them but thats irrelevamt when custom tuning.

The hardware code efi-sd4* is what dictates the strategy.

A1C is for your ecu, Ive actually done a JOY0 with A1C as well, we have a premium member here that has that ecu.

Yep, all those parameters are there to tinker with. Except for some TCC lock up stuff that needs to be mapped still but nothing of concern for you.

No, shouldnt hurt anything running the 5.0 stock tune so long as you havent done anything to add significant power like aftermarket heads or a turbo/supercharger.

What all do you have done to her?