EEC-V pin 43 circuit connected hardware

All hardware related, disassembly / programming and code discussions belong here.
wwhite
Vehicle Information: 1994 Flarside, XLT, 351w E4OD
SD48b, Quarter Horse, Burn2

EEC-V pin 43 circuit connected hardware

Unread post by wwhite »

I am looking for what hardware, chip, is connected to pin 43. This should be the Fuel Flow Rate Output (DOL on EEC-IV).

If someone has 1999 Ford/Mercury Crown Vic/Grand Marquis with Fuel Economy in dash, that will have Pin 43 hardware on circuit board.

Can you please post images of both sides of the circuit board, and or trace pin 43 to what chip it goes to and post images.

I should be able to figure out what pin on 8065 is HSO.
My goal is to identify the chip, get the chip, do some bench testing, then insert the chip back into EEC-IV that has the circuit but missing the chip.
I am reverse engineering the function of the chip, do not have full specs, but close.
From what I understand with Fuel Flow Rate Output, it is a digital HSO PWM hi/lo, 5V,0, that comes out of uP, then goes into this chip. This chip then converts the digital signal from 0-5v PWM to 0-12v PWM out pin 43 (34 on EEC-IV) to the dashboard where more processing is done to the signal and then shows up as fuel Econ/avg, etc.
wwhite
Vehicle Information: 1994 Flarside, XLT, 351w E4OD
SD48b, Quarter Horse, Burn2

Re: EEC-V pin 43 circuit connected hardware

Unread post by wwhite »

Found, on a 1996 Ford F150 LOW2 ML1-421 hardware.
The chip is 71001FB. Going to de-solder from the EEC-V and solder on EEC-IV.
Also going to have to figure out what tiny caps and resistors, surface mount I will need, as well as a diode and resistor.
This will enable my SD48 hardware to output DOL for Fuel Flow rate to a Tripminder on my F150 on pin 34 for EEC-IV.