Adding Data Inputs with an Arduino vs Superlogger

Moates specific forum for all Burn2, Jaybird, J3, F3, Road Runner, QH, etc... related issues

Adding Data Inputs with an Arduino vs Superlogger

Unread postby snowdave » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 am

I am just about to bolt a supercharger on my Mustang and at a minimum, I want to track boost within TunerPro. Having used the EGP ECU input for Wideband, I am looking for a way to add multiple inputs outside the ECU. Would be nice to track boost, fuel pressure and oil pressure. I also plan to install a Win10 tablet for a long-term dash, so it makes displaying all these things fairly simple with TunerPro. Seems like buying a Moates Superlogger would tick all the boxes, but as I look at it, I recognize it is similar to an Arduino project I did for a motorcycle that gathered sensor inputs and manipulated them before sending onto the ECU. With winter upon us here in the northern midwest, I have a good 5 months to play with a project like this. Seeing as I have spare circuit boards, Arduino micros, components, etc, the main cost here will be time and I am happy to keep it open source as I go. BTW, I am the sick kind of person that does these things for fun.....I actually like learning new (relatively complex) things.

Has anyone done something similar? Any reasons not to? Compelling arguments for just buying a Superlogger?
snowdave
General Poster

Name: Dave
Vehicle Information: 1992 Ford Mustang LX, GUFB, TunerPro RT, Quarterhorse
GT40Ps
TFS Stage 1 Cam
TFS Intake
30lb Injectors
5-speed
3.73 Gears
70mm Edelbrock TB/EGR
Pro-M 80mm MAF