Fuel pump tuning

Covers v8 mustangs in 99-early 01 years. Can be configured for V6 easily and cobras as well as trucks and other fords if hardware is compatible.
VJordan
Vehicle Information: 2001 mustang 4.6 2v turbo cvaf1

Fuel pump tuning

Unread post by VJordan »

I’ve been trying to tune out a pressure spike on shifts would you happen to have any tips for that? Is there a table for the pulse width vs fuel pressure correction? If so I thought about add more fuel at lower pressures to compensate for the drop , I’ve tried tuning the voltage table.

Also for idle timing in cvaf1 with simplified timing how is it controlled because I don’t seem to have all the functions listed in the timing article
My idle timing even raising with mbt tends to stay low around 10-11 degrees
VJordan

Re: Fuel pump tuning

Unread post by VJordan »

Also I’ve noticed even with 340 pump it’s showing the duty cycle on the pump is almost maxed out
It’s a stock 2v turbo on 7 lbs probably making high 300s low 400s I don’t think the 340 should be maxed yet
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

set the fuel pump gain derivative to 0 and cut the integral and prop values in half if stock or to good values

but yeah dial in the pump voltage table

drive around with the histogram open in tunerpro and set to average and it will give u the actual values to plug in to the ssff table

idle timing in cvaf1 is the same as all 1994-2021. Feedback spark tries to maintain idle rpm using torque reserve. If you want more idle spark reduce idle spark tq reserve.
VJordan

Unread post by VJordan »

In the fuel pump voltage table are the rows the target pressure ? If so I would only worry about 40 psi because that’s what I’m targeting ? Just wondering because when using the histogram the values for 40 make sense but the other pressures seem backwards like higher pressure is lower voltage , unless I miss interpreted it
VJordan

Unread post by VJordan »

Also what function is for the idle spark torque reserve I couldn’t find it
VJordan

Unread post by VJordan »

After playing with the fuel pump settings I still haven’t been able to get rid of the hesitation when shifting it’s gotten better but still there I tried putting proportional and integral both to zero and the hesitation was gone but then pressure wasn’t where it needed to be , how do you normally go about tuning the pids?
Also the pprv is still in place so you recommend removing it to help , only reason I didn’t is because I saw a few people blow the sensor afterwards