TunerView app and the Universal ADX

Moates specific forum for all Burn2, Jaybird, J3, F3, Road Runner, QH, etc... related issues

TunerView app and the Universal ADX

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:08 am

As more and more strategies are added to the "compatible" list, I took the liberty of reaching out to HR tuning to support the Universal ADX. Since the supported bstrats fit a "standard" to utilize such a file, we should be able to log a number of them on pocket devices and tablets.

Basically, I wanted to run it by decipha before I send an ADX off to HR.
motorhead1991

Name: Anthony Cox
Vehicle Information: 1990 Ford Ranger FLH2 conversion. Ford forged/dished pistons, Total Seal file-fit rings, Clevite rod and main bearings, Clevite cam bearings, IHI turbo, Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors, Ford slot MAF in custom 3" housing. Moates Quarterhorse with Binary Editor, using the PAAD6 database.
Vehicle 2 Information: Stock 1990 Ranger. ICM relocation

Re: TunerView app and the Universal ADX

Unread postby decipha » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:25 am

If thats the gent from hungary? I met him at craigs house back in 2015 and gave him the original universal adx we were running on craigs marauder at the time. Since then I've decided to not shadow all addressing since it lags the processor up top. Best to do DMA addressing for speed. So although the payloads are in the same order in all my strats the addressing isn't. The only feasible way I see to be able to achieve a completely universal and seamless way of tunerview being able to integrate in to all strats is to copy the payload addressing in to filler. Would be an extra step that tunerview doesn't currently do to read the addressing from filler and then poll that. If he adds that in then it would only take one decipha tunerview setup file for datalogging everything I write and he wouldnt hsve to mantain it as everything would be done on my end once he has the initial setup done. That being said I kinda recall him saying something about my logging list being too big for what he was doing at the time.

In any case the best way to log on a device is to simply install tunerpro on it. That way u can also tune from it. See link below.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2161
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce
07 GMC 2500HD 6L - Veranafer

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:26 am

I read that thread before posting this one, actually :grin:. I invited Peter to join the discussion, as well.
motorhead1991

Name: Anthony Cox
Vehicle Information: 1990 Ford Ranger FLH2 conversion. Ford forged/dished pistons, Total Seal file-fit rings, Clevite rod and main bearings, Clevite cam bearings, IHI turbo, Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors, Ford slot MAF in custom 3" housing. Moates Quarterhorse with Binary Editor, using the PAAD6 database.
Vehicle 2 Information: Stock 1990 Ranger. ICM relocation

Unread postby Linszter » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:01 pm

decipha wrote:If thats the gent from hungary? I met him at craigs house back in 2015 and gave him the original universal adx we were running on craigs marauder at the time. Since then I've decided to not shadow all addressing since it lags the processor up top. Best to do DMA addressing for speed. So although the payloads are in the same order in all my strats the addressing isn't. The only feasible way I see to be able to achieve a completely universal and seamless way of tunerview being able to integrate in to all strats is to copy the payload addressing in to filler. Would be an extra step that tunerview doesn't currently do to read the addressing from filler and then poll that. If he adds that in then it would only take one decipha tunerview setup file for datalogging everything I write and he wouldnt hsve to mantain it as everything would be done on my end once he has the initial setup done. That being said I kinda recall him saying something about my logging list being too big for what he was doing at the time.

In any case the best way to log on a device is to simply install tunerpro on it. That way u can also tune from it. See link below.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2161

Yep it's me, and it was in 2016 :D I still have the universal adx in the app but never released. If you can help me with that read/addressing/polling stuff, I can make it work.
Linszter
User

Name: Peter
Vehicle Information: TunerView developer

Unread postby decipha » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:18 pm

hey peter long time no chat. Yea no problem its pretty straight forward.

for the QH commands, do a simple reQuest (0x51) for 128 bytes (0x80) at 1x0F00

then do a simple loop check and see if the last two bytes == 0xFF 0xFF if not, then, read another 128 bytes at 1x0F80

Now that you broke the read loop, simply find the end marker by searching for 0x00 0x00

then simply just request those addresses.

The patch code is already done in the tune so u dont write anything with the qh just read only.
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda