A4A1 with CBAZA bin

non vehicle specific forum for tuning all other EEC-IV

A4A1 with CBAZA bin

Unread postby 86VickyLX » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:14 pm

In the near future, I plan on swapping in a 4R70w, that my friend is building for me, into my 86 Crown Victoria with the 302 V8. I have the trans harness from a 92.5 Grand Marquis which I will integrate into the stock A9P harness with a little rewiring as needed. The reason for this thread however, is just to clarify some things.
In the past I've looked at a CBAZA ecu to control this set up. However, the possibility of losing the feature of my tripminder really bothers me (I know there has been talk of the output goes in place of the WOT A/C cutout relay, but I would rather not lose that function either). I see that the CBAZA strategy can be used on the TownCar ECU. With that in mind a few questions come into mind and I'm hoping you guys can answer them for me.

1)Does the A4A1 physically have the ability to control a two speed cooling fan? Or even a single speed fan?
2)Are the ECU pinouts for the injectors and such the same between the two?
3)Since the A4A1 has the outputs to give a DOL pulse, the Sailorbob CBAZA strategy will allow me to modify it correct?
4)The A4A1 was originally EDIS, if I'm still running a distributor, how would it be wired up?
5)What years is this particular ECU found in? Only 1994 TownCars?
Thanks in advance!
86VickyLX
General Poster

Name: John
Vehicle Information: 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX
Powered by a 5.0 Explorer Engine Bored .020" over, with GT40P heads, Cobra (GT) Cam, 1.72 Roller Rockers, controlled by A9P ECU with moates quarterhorse. Connected to an AOD transmission with Silverfox SPT-R Valve body with 3.55:1 rear differential.

Re: A4A1 with CBAZA bin

Unread postby decipha » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:49 am

its the same exact ecu
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Re: A4A1 with CBAZA bin

Unread postby 86VickyLX » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:37 am

decipha wrote:its the same exact ecu

Ok. So will any of the pinouts change since I'd be running the CBAZA tune on it? And would I still need the external TSCM to control the overdrive light and TCIL?
86VickyLX
General Poster

Name: John
Vehicle Information: 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX
Powered by a 5.0 Explorer Engine Bored .020" over, with GT40P heads, Cobra (GT) Cam, 1.72 Roller Rockers, controlled by A9P ECU with moates quarterhorse. Connected to an AOD transmission with Silverfox SPT-R Valve body with 3.55:1 rear differential.

Return to EEC-IV Tuning