Solution to Big Electric Fans and Idle...Possibly

non vehicle specific forum for tuning all other EEC-IV

Solution to Big Electric Fans and Idle...Possibly

Unread postby Headshot » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:50 am

I found this a while back....

http://forums.corral.net/forums/general ... turns.html

Scroll down to the middle. theres a guy using tuner pro who wired his fan to the AC relay. Seems he was able to "tell" the EEC that there was a peripheral under the hood that needed some additional spark.load/airflow... I'm not sure yet.

Ive got a 3G alt, and I can get IPSIBR to sit damn near perfect at idle in both drive and neutral....UNTIL THE FAN COMES ON. Then it climbs no matter what I do.

Taking a quick look at GUF1, ACPPM & ACLOD could be adjusted for whatever your fan set up might be.

Has anyone tried this? I dont see why you couldnt even if you still had the AC system in place.

If I get around to it before I move across the country, I'll run a line and a relay and try it out. Anyone with experience feel free to add.

I just wanted to share and see of the community can get something going for those of us running big (junkyard) fans.
Headshot
General Poster

Name: Robert Wyatt
Vehicle Information: 87 Mustang GT
MAF Conversion W/ Moates Quarterhorse & BE
Comp cams stage 1, GT40P heads & Cobra Intake
P Heads, Red top injectors

Re: Solution to Big Electric Fans and Idle...Possibly

Unread postby decipha » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:55 am

why not let the ecu turn the fan relay on and just have the ecu dump in air for the fan ?
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Re: Solution to Big Electric Fans and Idle...Possibly

Unread postby Headshot » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:00 am

I think that's what this process does, but it just lets the fan pretend it's the AC for ease of compensating in the tune.

Like I said, I was led to this after dialing in idle using A9L2. everything was fine until the fan came on, and then no amount of unplugging sensors and turning screws would bring IPSIBR within acceptable limits.

I cut my losses and got it to "rest" around 1.0 with the fan on in drive sitting still, trickling back down to less than 0.05 within 2 minutes of fan shut down.

My thought was that this is a simple wire and add load method, and could be used for anything electronic that incurrs engine/alternator load. stereo systems, fans, a huge set of KC lights on the roof of an 87 fox? easy, wire, add, and see if it works. YMMV.
Headshot
General Poster

Name: Robert Wyatt
Vehicle Information: 87 Mustang GT
MAF Conversion W/ Moates Quarterhorse & BE
Comp cams stage 1, GT40P heads & Cobra Intake
P Heads, Red top injectors

Return to EEC-IV Tuning