CDAN4 OL to CL Transition

Non-vehicle specific forum for tuning all ford ecu's 1994-2004, including the 1994-1995 Mustang, 93-98 Mark VIII, 99+ F-150, 99-04 Mustang, 03-04 Cobra, 99-03 Harley Davidson and Lightning F-150

FBFG2, CBAZA, CZAJL, and all EEC-V

CDAN4 OL to CL Transition

Unread postby galaxis » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:05 am

What scalar's / functions / tables control the transition from OL to CL after initial startup enrichment? I've read of people referencing some kind of decay or ramp setting that controls this but can't find anything in my strategy (CDAN4).

I'm specifically referring to a situation where I just started my car - after however seconds of being in OL startup enrichment, my car will switch to CL. It usually pulls an insanely rich lambda to start from: I'll go from ~1.00 in OL to like .75 in CL (for an instant). It quickly corrects itself but it bugs me that it does this every time I start my car. It seems to be less of problem when there's less demanded startup fuel when the transition occurs - the closer to not using ANY startup fuel I am when the transition occurs, the less wild of a lambda it ramps up from.

I have SailorBob's strategy - is it in here somewhere I'm missing? Or if someone has the PID info (address, formula, etc) I can add it to an excel file to use.

UNRELATED:
My transient fuel's pretty close in gear with the engine loaded. If I'm in neutral and free-rev my car it goes super lean on spin down (spin-up seems fine). Is this a sign I screwed something else up somewhere or is it normal that transient fuel conditions can't 'keep up' with neutral revving?
galaxis
General Poster

Vehicle Information: PI Swapped '96 Thunderbird

Re: CDAN4 OL to CL Transition

Unread postby decipha » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:14 am

they are most likely referring to the blending lambse rate scalar OLF_LAMBLEND see attached screen shot from my rzasa xdf

cdan4 does not have that scalar, thats found in the later eec-v def's

neutral free-revving can cause fueling issues if your injectors and maf isn't perfectly dialed in, and your maf must read consistent, any fluctuations can throw it off quite a bit

no worries, free revving the engine can do what whatever it wants fuel wise it won't hurt the engine as its not making any power
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda