Rzasa basic file setup for boost (spark control)

Non-vehicle specific forum for tuning all ford ecu's 1994-2004, including the 1994-1995 Mustang, 93-98 Mark VIII, 99+ F-150, 99-04 Mustang, 03-04 Cobra, 99-04 Lightning and Harley Davidson F-150

CBAZA, CDAN4, CRAJ0, CVAF1, FBGI0, OMAE2, RZASA

Rzasa basic file setup for boost (spark control)

Unread postby m-barans » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:37 pm

So my vehicle (03 marauder) inventory list of modifications include an improved 03 cobra long block with factory Eaton blower setup, factory 03 cobra injectors and MAF Meter and coyote fuel pump. At this point with my basic file setup using QH and tuner pro RT, I have addressed the MAF transfer function and injector data for those changes. Currently, the order of business is to first: validate the MAF meter curve? 2nd is to dial in PERLOAD fuel at 0 vac/ 0 boost? I have the data logger patch enabled in the tune along with an AEM fail save wideband gauge kit offering an analog AFR/ lambda output to egr position input to ECU/PCM. I feel fairly confident about dialing in my fuel after reading the fuel write up a couple hundred times and getting familiar with the tuner pro RT software. However, I’m lost a little bit on the Ignition piece. My base fuel table looks setup for boost but I’m not savvy as to which spark table I need to use in RZASA. Borderline Knock? And nullify others? I know I need to rescale the timing table for boost (Load >1 (100)) for proper spark advance control. Guessing a similar ignition setup to a stock 03 cobra would be safe for starters but have know idea what that looks like. Any guidance and/or feedback is appreciated. Thanks. First time tuning and just want to get this project safely drivable for daily use..
m-barans
General Poster

Name: Michael
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder. FoMoCo factory build Data: engine Calibration 3FB1MB0A, Tear Tag: BMD0. PCM is currently at latest Ford calibration level. Vehicle currently stock. Forged long block engine build for Eaton supercharger install is in progress.
Other Vehicle(s): 2001 Ford Lightning. K&N intake tube, bassani SS from manifolds back, big brakes, Inlet porter blower.

Re: Rzasa basic file setup for boost (spark control)

Unread postby decipha » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:09 am

compression ratio affects mbt significantly on the 4v engines

in any case the spark table should be scaled from 0 to 200 already and pre populated. Its the large spark table all others should be null already.
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Decipha Ponto
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w swap - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Other Vehicle(s): Others:
95 Beretta - Delores