Downloading Music

Come shoot the shit and post nonsense or sense which ever floats your boat or sinks your ship

Downloading Music

Unread postby decipha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:15 pm

just curious where every is downloading illegal pirated music from?

back in the day I was one of the many whom downloaded gigs off Napster, back in them days I had multiple hard drives of music I downloaded that was about the time broadband came out and hard drives hadn't caught up yet on the mass of file transferring going on

about 2006 lime wire became stupid and that was about the end of my downloading music days, since then I've downloaded the music video and just ripped the audio stream out of it, works pretty good but not as HQ as it could be, just curious if anyone has any insight

btw, I've never been one to utilize bit torrents, I've just never gone that route

suggestions?
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Re: Downloading Music

Unread postby Fasterthangas » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:26 pm

For home use or portable? I stream music from pc to my receiver in hi res. There are free sites but I prefer to pay for the higher sampling rates. I'm your typical audiophile.

I use this one but more are popping up all the time.
http://tidal.com/us

Another popular choice: https://www.spotify.com/us/premium/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=useraquisition_9306101469&utm_campaign=360i%7CGGL%7CSPOTIFY%7CSEM%7CBRD%7CEXACT%7CCore_Plus&utm_content=CLa5uoartMgCFUNcfgodvYUDRA&utm_term=43700006874205616_c&gclid=CLa5uoartMgCFUNcfgodvYUDRA&gclsrc=aw.ds
Fasterthangas
Power Poster

Name: Eric
Vehicle Information: '95 Mustang GT
347 SBF
10.0:1 cr
Systemax ll
230/238 @ .050 custom cam
AFR Renegade 185 heads
Ford Racing EV14 34lb. injectors
90mm Lightning MAF
4" CAI
Accufab 75mm TB
T5
3.73's
1-3/4" shorty headers into 2.5" duals out the back with H pipe. Jones Maxflow straight through mufflers

Unread postby Bronston » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Pirate bay or pretty much any other torrent sites. You need a torrent client like utorrent, you download the "torrent" and open it in utorrent. The torrent is pretty much just a set of instructions on where to connect up to the peer to peer network for the desired files. I recommend a vpn if you're gonna mess with that stuff, I heard once on the IT crowd it might be illegal or something.
Bronston
General Poster

Name: Bronston Hansen
Vehicle Information: 90 Bronco
5.0 roller .010 bore, afr 1388 185cc runner, 58 cc chamber
Comp cam roller rockers, ford racing lifters
Comp cam 35-351-8 XE270HR
Monster Transmissions LVL 2 AOD
4.56 gears, 36" Tires, No Lift
Shorty headers, side pipes
No wideband yet
Stock 5.0 truck intake
EEC-IV EFI-SD48B, Sailor Bob LHBL0

Unread postby decipha » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:45 pm

its only illegal if u get caught

here in ethiopia the laws are pretty laxed so no worries
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby Bronston » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Ah yeah you'll be fine there, over here the vpn makes it "legal" by those standards.
Bronston
General Poster

No wideband yet
Stock 5.0 truck intake

Unread postby SlowBox » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:15 pm

I got a nastygram from TWC last time I downloaded from a torrent. I haven't found anywhere to thieve music from either, fwiw.
SlowBox
Advanced Tuner

Name: Troy G
Vehicle Information: 1989 Mustang GT
4r70w, 3.73
GT-40P heads
Alex's Parts springs
Stock cam
9.7:1
GT-40 upper and lower
65mm TB
Decapped injectors
Single 70mm snail
U4P0/U4P2/CBAZA
TunerPro v5
Moates QH v1.6

Unread postby Bronston » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:34 pm

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Im not going to say whether or not you should use this but basically what it does it takes all your internet traffic, encrypts it, then passes that traffic to a server somewhere else, decrypts it and passes it on to the internet so you're never visible on the internet. Your internet activities are only seen coming out of that server and whatever connection it has.

Useful for all kinds of reasons, but primarily to protect your identity from any "malicious" entity that may want to do harm to you or your wallet legally.

Always a risk involved if that server were to be compromised somehow and the identity of its users were revealed or possibly their ip address was connected to whatever traffic they generated from that server but that's the nature of that stuff, there's no such thing as privacy or ambiguity anymore. But most likely the only folks that could actually view your activity work for the government and are more interested in proving Trump is an alien from space Massachusetts. So far I've seen no evidence that internet providers are able to decrypt that traffic and I'm generally in the know on such things. Of course I offer no guarantee anything I've said is wise or a good idea in general, it's all purely academic.
Bronston
General Poster

No wideband yet
Stock 5.0 truck intake

Unread postby SlowBox » Fri May 05, 2017 11:05 am

Bronston wrote:https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Im not going to say whether or not you should use this but basically what it does it takes all your internet traffic, encrypts it, then passes that traffic to a server somewhere else, decrypts it and passes it on to the internet so you're never visible on the internet. Your internet activities are only seen coming out of that server and whatever connection it has.

Useful for all kinds of reasons, but primarily to protect your identity from any "malicious" entity that may want to do harm to you or your wallet legally.

Always a risk involved if that server were to be compromised somehow and the identity of its users were revealed or possibly their ip address was connected to whatever traffic they generated from that server but that's the nature of that stuff, there's no such thing as privacy or ambiguity anymore. But most likely the only folks that could actually view your activity work for the government and are more interested in proving Trump is an alien from space Massachusetts. So far I've seen no evidence that internet providers are able to decrypt that traffic and I'm generally in the know on such things. Of course I offer no guarantee anything I've said is wise or a good idea in general, it's all purely academic.

Want to bump this up and thank you for this post. Pulled the trigger on a PIA account yesterday for my laptop and Fire Stick and I'm very happy with it.
SlowBox
Advanced Tuner

Name: Troy G
Vehicle Information: 1989 Mustang GT
4r70w, 3.73
GT-40P heads
Alex's Parts springs
Stock cam
9.7:1
GT-40 upper and lower
65mm TB
Decapped injectors
Single 70mm snail
U4P0/U4P2/CBAZA
TunerPro v5
Moates QH v1.6

Unread postby 85GT » Sun May 07, 2017 9:01 am

Not sure how strong internet newsgroups are these days, but you use to be able to download all sorts of stuff besides music. A reader like Forte's Agent would download and reassemble multi part posts. Binaries were usually broken up into *.rar pieces.
85GT
Advanced Tuner

Name: Hank
Vehicle Information: 85 Mustang GT. 5.0, QH, A9L
Vehicle 2 Information: 91 Caprice 5.0 TunerPro RT
Vehicle 3 Information: 95 Caprice 4.3 TunerPro RT

Return to The Range