Passing of Russell Woolley

Come shoot the shit and post nonsense or sense which ever floats your boat or sinks your ship

Passing of Russell Woolley

Unread postby decipha » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:24 am

Its truly a sad day, last night I got a phone call from Don (his son) telling me of pops passing. Pops was a true automotive enthusiast. For a little background, he and two friends Bud Hargrove and Ray Harris started Shreve automotive in shreveport louisiana, hence the name. They moved it down to Kenner in the late 60s where its been ever since. Although the company was turned over to his son Don and a business partner that closed down the shop after some issues in 2008. Dons new company R&D Machine Shop still captures the essence of what shreve was all about and IMO carries it on still to this day. It truly is sad to see legends pass on. Shreve was the first race team to ever have two race cars, they also took home countless wins in drag racing. They did extensive R&D work, back in the 50s and 60s as there were no outlets for performance modifications, everything was hands on trial and error. They used to have a mopar dragster than ran mid 6s way back when. Just incredible even by todays standards more so when you factor in the lack of knowledge. Russell was a true entrepreneur, a great teacher, and a dear friend. He has forever affected my life and in me his hard work will live on. No doubt this website, the foum, nor me being a tuner would be possible if not for his knowledge he passed down.

Just thought Id share
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others: