Cooke, Brian (68 Bronco)

Place for your vehicle notes and blow-by-blow build threads.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Cooke, Brian (68 Bronco)

Unread post by decipha »

Your right its not there just info on how to read the chip. Interesting as no one has ever pointed it out before. I know this is an inconvenience for you but will be very helpful for others that follow.

In any case in the getting started write up I have a photo showing how to read with the jaybird. Writing the chip is similar as you use the same addressing. But you have to erase the chip first.

1> plug the f3 chip on to the jaybird
2> plug the usb cable for the jaybird in to the laptop
3> click the PLUG icon in tunerpro and it will identify the hardware at the bottom left
4> Click up top in tunerpro on TOOLS >> Hardware Utilities >> Moates PROM I/O
5> At the top right under "supported chips" select J3 Ford Adapter

Set the addresses as outlined for a bank 1... its the same values as in the photo.
http://www.efidynotuning.com/pics/tprt/56k.png

Click on ERASE CHIP, once its done erasing
Click on LOAD FILE TO BUFFER, browse to the folder you have your tune file saved in and select the tune file you want to write to the chip
Then click PROGRAM CHIP. It will write the file and tell you if it succeeded or failed. The fox ecu is 57,344 bytes. It will say it wrote 57,344 bytes if you put the addesses in correctly.

Call me if you run in to any trouble.

http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm#jaybird
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

nvrstuk
Vehicle Information: '68 Ford Bronco
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
460sbf, 92 octane 6r80 trans, ProCase 3:1 transfer case, 40" tires, 5.13:1 frt/rear gear ratios, Air lockers, 5350#'s.
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

Story time as to why I am the guinea pig here for other Bronco owners with strokers who will follow me for tuning. Some of them know my wife had a small computer sales, tech, wireless and back in the day- dial up internet company in our small Valley. ALL programs and procedures before they were printed or given to customers had to have a "test run by Brian". If they gave the step by step instructions to me and I could do it then everybody could. If they skipped a step or assumed anything at all... back to the beginning. :)
Thanks for writing this out. I will attempt it when my first cup of coffee takes affect.

Appreciate the steps.
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
460sbf, 92 octane 6r80 trans, ProCase 3:1 transfer case, 40" tires, 5.13:1 frt/rear gear ratios, Air lockers, 5350#'s.
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

I am having a cam designed by Ed for my 460sb.

What is your time schedule for tuning again and how much for an "adjustment" or new tune for this cam? Also, should I get a cam sensor for safety or ?? Just wondering. thanks

Everything else should be the same.
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

just post a log when you get her going no prob

no cost

cam sensor?
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

Knock sensor, do I need one or is that something I don't have to worry about.

thanks!
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

your ecu doesnt support a knock sensor

but no not anything you should be worried about
nvrstuk
A9l, Moates Qtrhorse
WOT only - 92uego

Unread post by nvrstuk »

thanks
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

Always post in your thread so it stays together

If its just a different pistons and cam and all else is the same then it should run fine. What else was changed?

In any case, fill out a vehicle info sheet and shoot it over.

____________________________________________________________________________________
460sb needs re-tune w/new cam
Sent: 25 Jun 2023, 22:41
Recipient: decipha
Evening Michael-
Is this the best way to contact you regarding a "re-tune"? You replied to an email sometime this winter/spring that you can do it and I finally ran to break the cam in some yesterday. on a brand new build on the same engine. Long story- Ford Motorsports overbored the block so they sent new pistons and I just reassembled it with a new cam.

It needs a tune and it won't idle and the headers get pretty dang hot? I know the lsa went from the 108 to 114.

Anyway, before I burn something up I would like to get it closer to a driveable tune as soon as possible. I can send you the cam specs of both cams so you can probably see what it needs to at least get it to idle and not get too hot. There aren't any noticeable vacuum leaks and of course- new engine all new gaskets and done right.
How do I even record a tune if I can't get it to idle?

thanks
Brian Cooke
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

I looked over it and only change was the cam and pistons? None of that will cause it to not run correctly. Shoot back a step 1 log and we can verify.

http://www.efidynotuning.com/step1.htm