FoxBody JL Stealth type box

For sale and wanted forum to buy and sell go fast goodies

FoxBody JL Stealth type box

Unread postby 93svt » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:53 am

Hello all

I just putting this out there if any of you guys are in to car audio as I am. I used to have a JL stealth box back in the day and have searched for years for a replacement with no avail. So I have a buddy that does custom car audio etc mostly with cad no jigsaw type stuff. I decided with his help to come up with something similiar because i didn't want to take up space and wanted good clean bass and most of us don't have spare tires anymore anyway.

so the encloser is built for a JL thin 10 and has a space for an amp. I am using the JL rd 900 to power all speakers and sub.

adding a couple of pics so you guys can check it out. The reproduced boxes will not have the glass cut in a JL shape so we don't infringe on copyrights

we are going to sell these for around $500 ready to add a subwoofer and Amp keep in mind the original JL box was like $1000 with sub

hope this is not against the forum rules
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
93svt
Power Poster

Name: Scott Jacques
Vehicle Information: 1993 cobra #1675
Paxton
HPX-E MAF
A9L2!
Vehicle 2 Information: 2018 Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle 3 Information: 97 F150
Additional Vehicles: 2014 BMW 335i

Re: FoxBody JL Stealth type box

Unread postby decipha » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:56 pm

All good

Box looks to be sealed. Whats the internal volume?

Back in my car audio days we never mounted amps on boxes since they tend to rattle them some awful.

I need to measure the attic in my marauder to see about adding some subs. It needs it desperately.
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Decipha Ponto
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce
07 GMC 2500HD 6L - Veranafer
06 Chrysler 300 AWD - Sharifa

Unread postby PaulC-turbo5.0 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:58 pm

thats an awesome setup! and im a huge JL fan so nice to see your using their gear. So nice to see top notch professional installs like that vs most of what people do. When i bought my foxbody it had the worst stereo install ive ever seen! not kidding first thing i did as soon as i got it home was tear all the junk out. power wire was legit duct taped together in the middle cuz the wire wasnt long enough. had 12 ga speaker wire ran all through the car running to the highs, i easily removed 30 lbs of wire it was insane!

I keep toying with the idea of adding some bass to it but dont really want the extra weight or power draw plus i need to be able to fit my golf clubs in the truck. Seeing this box gets me thinking though.

Is the sub firing downward underneath the box?

Will there be another variation without the built in amp rack?

Would a W1 fit depth wise? My daily is a 17 tundra crewmax and i bought a custom box from tech12volts out of georgia that fits behind the wasted space behind the back seat. He recommended going with the W1's over the thin woofers because for the cost difference he said it wasnt worth the upgrade. The box is ported and has 2 10's and im blown away on how they pound, Ive always had W3's before and was worried the 1's wouldnt even be close. If i did do something in the mustang i was planning to use a W1.
PaulC-turbo5.0
Supporting Member 1

Name: Paul Casey
Vehicle Information: 1989 Mustang GT Convertible 5.0, GUFX/A9L2, TP RT, Moates Quarterhorse & Jaybird
Stock 302, stock cam, stock E7 heads, felpro 9333pt1 head gaskets and ARP studs, GT40 upper and lower-upper reversed
siemens deka 60's, stock lines, in tank 255lph pump
3" PMAS HPX slot
stock T5 with ram clutch, 3.55 gears
67mm On3 ceramic BB turbo, custom 2.5" stainless hotside built by me, custom 3" cold side through On3 intercooler, 10psi
custom 3" downpipe into 2.5" cat back with mac flowpath mufflers

Unread postby 93svt » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:50 pm

The box is built specifically for JL 10TW3 right at .58 cubic feet sealed. If you are not using fiberglass it is not easy to get the depth and keep it off the floor (damage to sub) Being that it is firing down.

The amp is in a separate compartment and I have zero rattles the box fits very tight. This is definitely going after non-bass head very clean sound and hidden.
Yes the Foxbody cars are hard to get right I have changed mine 3-4 times but with this box and an all active eq and crossover setup plus using Dynaudio for separates I am finally satisfied. I am very picky as I drive a BMW daily and they sound good but of course not apples to apples but after doing car stereo for 15 years and building systems that would compete in the pro classes I have become a snob :shock:

we could modify for other subs but looking around looks like the shallow Pioneer would be a good option. Keep in mind this is tested design so maybe an upcharge to change subs. Would have to modify CAD file of course.

The box will come covered in carpet and glass installed, sub wired.

PM or email me if interested.
93svt
Power Poster

Paxton
HPX-E MAF
A9L2!

Unread postby 93svt » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Just wanted to add we can also do door pannel replacement if you would like. Maybe cover is broken or pocket hanging off too much whatever
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
93svt
Power Poster

Paxton
HPX-E MAF
A9L2!

Return to For Sale / Wanted