03 HD vs 03 Lightning Calibration Differences?

Can be used on all 2002-2003 harley trucks and lightnings.
superchargedv8
Vehicle Information: 2003 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson Edition. Stock.

03 HD vs 03 Lightning Calibration Differences?

Unread post by superchargedv8 »

Hello - I recently picked up an 03 HD F-150. I'm looking to simply put the truck to stock Lightning power, so effectively just swapping a Lightning S/C pulley on. What I'm trying to do is confirm whether or not the Lightning and Harley have identical calibrations. I've seen answers online saying that yes it is, and no it isn't. Does anyone have a stock Lightning calibration I can compare to the HD one available here? Or does anyone definitively know for sure?

Sorry if some of this terminology is wrong, I come from the GM tuning world and literally everything about EEC tuning is like drinking from a fire hose. So far I've got a Kess clone on the way and I'm toying around with TunerPro. I sure picked a terrible time to buy one of these trucks with Moates going away..
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: 03 HD vs 03 Lightning Calibration Differences?

Unread post by decipha »

The calibrations themselves are identical but the rear end gear ratio, tire size and shift points are changed, nothing of consequence.
superchargedv8
Vehicle Information: 2003 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson Edition. Stock.

Unread post by superchargedv8 »

Many thanks for the confirmation! Also after reading a LOT of the content on your page, I'm probably just going to suck it up and buy a Quarterhorse (and probably BE) from Core Tuning. This place is a wealth of information about EEC tuning and I sincerely appreciate you keeping it going even though so many of these vehicles are getting way up there in years.

Edit: also, is there any preferred place that people place the bung for a wideband on these trucks?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

the quarterhorses do pop up from time to time still

nope just get it where you can fit it