Inferior software?

A1C calibration can be modified and configured to operate all EFI-SD4x ECUs in 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder configurations.
efloth
Vehicle Information: 1991 F150 4.9L J1X 80lb Injectors E85
1995 F150 5.8L MOB1

Inferior software?

Unread post by efloth »

I called a local tuner about running my truck on his dyno to dial in timing. He said I was running terrible injectors (SD 80s) and inferior software (TunerPro). He asked if I set stoic afr in the tune and my response was, I dont believe that exists in there because it is speed density. We had a similar exchange about hi/low slope and breakpoint. He assured me that even though it is speed density those parameters exist in the tune. He didn't want to touch it though, so I am not sure if he really knows. Any thoughts?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Inferior software?

Unread post by decipha »

I don't get it?
Even if you had a carb whats that got to do with dialing in timing?

if you have your fuel dialed in just let him know the fuel is already dialed in.

Many of the speed density strategies do not have a low slope breakpoint nor an actual stoich afr scalar.

TunerPro is the most powerful tuning software available hands down.

Let him know the sd 80s are OEM stock factory cobra jet mustang injectors that are ULEV certified. Tens of thousands of vehicles daily drive on them perfectly fine everyday from bone stock 4 cyl engines to racing apps with no issues.
efloth
Vehicle Information: 1991 F150 4.9L J1X 80lb Injectors E85
1995 F150 5.8L MOB1

Unread post by efloth »

Thanks for the input/moral support. I was starting to go crazy thinking I've got it all wrong. The guy is a pretty successful tooner, so I wasn't trying to convince him of anything.
PaulC-turbo5.0
Vehicle Information: 1989 fox GT convertible
5.0 stock block, E7 heads, stock cam
Explorer GT40 intake flipped to driver side inlet
Single 67mm On3 BB turbo
Flipped JBA headers, custom SS 2.5" hotside built by me
custom 3" coldside thru On3 intercooler
tuning with Moates QH + TPRT
Dechipa's GUFX and supporting files, couldnt have tuned it myself without him!

Unread post by PaulC-turbo5.0 »

I had a similar experience calling a local dyno shop. Just wanted to get dyno numbers and see if minor tune tweaks would pick anything up. He may have taken it that I wanted him to do the tuning changes but man he seemed turned off when I told him about my car, mainly the stock ecu and wiring. Wanted to still take it there to show him how nice the car is and how good it runs but never did.