Tuning for part throttle max torque

A1C calibration can be modified and configured to operate all EFI-SD4x ECUs in 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder configurations.
bad86capri
Vehicle Information: 1986 Capri 306, Twisted Wedge heads, RPM II Intake, Anderson B3 cam, 80Lbs Siemens Injectors, MAC Longtube Headers, G-Force T5, Spec 6 Puck Clutch, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft.

Tuning for part throttle max torque

Unread post by bad86capri »

So im thinking putting my QH in 95 f150 4.9L and tuning it. The biggest question i have is tuning part throttle timing curve for max torque in towing situations. Whats the best method to do this? And do i need to install a wideband to assist in tuning WOT?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Tuning for part throttle max torque

Unread post by decipha »

trial and error

wideband isn't needed just leave her in closed loop and do a wot pull apply your corrections then allow power enrichment again no biggie
bad86capri
Vehicle Information: 1986 Capri 306, Twisted Wedge heads, RPM II Intake, Anderson B3 cam, 80Lbs Siemens Injectors, MAC Longtube Headers, G-Force T5, Spec 6 Puck Clutch, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft.

Unread post by bad86capri »

So just so im thinking right. in a speed density system i would set the commanded afr and the drive the vehicle. the ecu would then self adjust based on the VE table? would i then take the amount its trying to correct and apply that to the VE table?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

There is no commanded AFR in closed loop as fueling is based entirely on the o2 switching.

In tunerpro click on the show data history tables and select N_MAP_FUELERR1 and then select running average from the other drop down menu

Go out driving around logging or just play back a log and it will populate that histogram table with your corrections for the VE table.

Go to the ve table and apply the correction from the table.