What da prolem is? IV

Off topic subforum for just goofing off and wasting time on possibly fun non-sense

What da prolem is? IV

Unread postby decipha » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:01 pm

said vehicle is an 07 jeep wrangler with 50k miles

The owner was pretty mechanically inclined and engine savvy so he figured he would save a ton of cash and do the 50k mile scheduled maintenance tune up himself. Hes always done all his maintenace himself on all his vehicles anyway since he just prefers to tinker on his own vehicle so he knows its done right. After all there were no issues with the truck prior so no reason to be concerned, right?

Well the truck got the works, he got new plugs and 1 new coil that showed random misfires, oil change and filter, air filter, cabin filter, trans flush and filter, p/s fluid flush, tire rotation, pcv valve, full grease job, fuel filter, windshield wipers, belts, hoses, thermostat, and coolant flush.

Truck started up fine on the very first try and he verified no leaks. Since all seemed well he gave himself a big ol' pat on the back and went in for the night to shower as it was getting dark and he had work early the next morning

Next morning he fired the truck up like normal and when he put it in drive to take off for work the engine just tached out and the truck didnt budge, it performed just as it would if it were in neutral. So he shut it off and fired it back up. Engine started fine, he threw it in drive again and nothing. Truck wont move. Sine he had to go to work he couldnt mess with it anymore. So he jumped out the wrangler and hopped on his harley.

He had to ride his bike to work in 38 degree weather IN THE RAIN... Needless to say he wasnt very happy at all

All day at work he thought about the jeep and being a DIY mechanic with a very in depth knowledge of automobiles he just figured he screwed up putting the trans filter in and maybe it wasnt sealed well leaking fluid internally. It seemed to be the most likely cause.

So when he got home from work he yunk the trans pan again and to his surprise the trans filter was perfectly fine. He looked around really well in there and nothing looked wrong. Just for good measure he decided to put the original filter back on it since he knew it worked fine. Bolted everything back up and put the fluid back in.

She fired right up as always so no surprise there. He puts in drive to take off and nothing, just neutral revs.

At this point hes baffled and more so just frustrated. If he had full coverage, a gas can, and a match, theres a very high probability that the truck would have traveled its last mile. But as fate shall have it, a complete stranger in which hes never even talked to before from EFIDynoTuning calls in regard to a craigslist posting he had listed for some go fast goodies. God truly works in mysteries ways. So after talking to the guy for a little while he asked my opinion. He told me what all happened and I told him I had the fix and what to do.

Sure enough he called me back the very next day and thanked me. He then GAVE me all his car parts he was selling for free!!

Anyone know the problem?
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Re: Cause of Carnage IV

Unread postby YaBoyHalle » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:35 pm

there's a wide variety of cars in your resume. let's seeee... disconnected trans control wires, oil in wrong dipstick tube, wrong size filter. (2wd/4wd)

there's got to be another part missing that he did to it.
YaBoyHalle
A+ Contributor

Name: halle
Vehicle Information: 1993 2.3 LX
~97 hp
Vehicle 2 Information: 1987 Bronco 5.0
~0 hp
it'll run in a weekend or two..

Unread postby decipha » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:41 pm

he never messed with any trans wires or the dip stick, he put the original filter back in it

there was absolutely nothing else he touched that wasn't discussed in the OP
decipha
Tooner

91 4r70w - Skarlett
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby YaBoyHalle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:17 am

hmmm. ok. 1: shifter linkage disconnect (bushing) 2:wrong oil/additive recommended 3:don't tell me it's a function of the computer or something like that.
YaBoyHalle
A+ Contributor

~97 hp
~0 hp

Unread postby N97343 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:31 am

drained the torque convertor , air in system after moving the car.
N97343
General Poster

Name: Mike
Vehicle Information: 95 Mustang GT Convertible, AFR 185 heads ,Ported Explorer upper and lower manifold.42# injectors , 90MM MAF,AEM Power pipe, Crane 2031 cam, Crane 1.7 RR, 9.2-1 compression ,Vortech Supercharger v2SQ ,12 psi boost, 4r70w transmission, Circle -d 3400 Stall Converter BBK Upper and lower Rear Controls Arms,3.27 gears,CBAZA ,U4P2, Moates QH BE/EA , AEM WB..
Vehicle 2 Information: 14 Mustang V6 Convertible

Unread postby decipha » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:39 pm

floodking88 wrote: 3) don't tell me it's a function of the computer or something like that.

yep thats it, the ecu has to be resyncd to the trans anytime the trans pan is removed

I knew that one was too easy
decipha
Tooner

91 4r70w - Skarlett
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby YaBoyHalle » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:43 pm

i detest these new cars and all the redundancies. i don't even get why it has to be resynced?
YaBoyHalle
A+ Contributor

~97 hp
~0 hp

Unread postby red5.0fogger » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:07 pm

What "tells" it the pan was off? A pan removal switch? Geeze!
red5.0fogger
Premium Member

Name: George
Vehicle Information: 86 GT, stock block, twisted wedge heads, Anderson N41 cam, cobra intake, 180 shot, 3.73 gears, T-5 trans, 24# injectors, 155Lph fuel pump, 73mm C&L mass air meter, moates QH tuned by Decipha, Mac 1 5/8 shorty headers, Flowmaster 2 chambers, Drag radials, South Side control arms circa 1999.

Return to Games & Recreation