Moates Quater Horse install EEC-V and demo?

Issues pertaining specifically to moates equipment belongs here.
ATPCR
Vehicle Information: 1997 Mountaineer 5.0 that originally had a wasted spark ignition system. I'm converting to coil-near-plug. I will use a 4.6 Luxury Sedan PCM & modified powertrain harness. It will be reprogrammed to operate the Windsor 5.0.

Moates Quater Horse install EEC-V and demo?

Unread post by ATPCR »

I have searched the internet about Moates Quarter Horse for an install and demonstration video and all I can come up with is a handful of Fox body EEC-IV videos.
Does anyone have or could make a video of Moates Quarter Horse install and real time demonstration video for EEC-V using a PCM with the MPC-185 Or MPC-186 hardware code and the RZASA strategy? I know that is a bit specific however that combination seems to be more of one the most popular combinations. Otherwise, any EEC-V set-up would be great for an instructional video including the software mod to make the real time data function of the Moates QH work and display a functional (laptop) dashboard.
I know there has to be at least one of you out there currently doing this. Thanks in advance for the effort.

horse
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Moates Quater Horse install EEC-V and demo?

Unread post by decipha »

its exactly the same whether eec 4 of eec 5 the j3 port is identical.

1> remove ecu
2> on the newer ecus you will need to break the cover tab off at the indention's and then use snips to cut at the two top corners and roll the housing inside and oit the way.
3> plig the qh in and reconnect the ecu

tune> open tunerpro, open your bin xdf and adx. press the blue upload arrow

when the status bar completes at the bottom press poll and click on the dash icon
verify its working by turning the key on a tapping the throttle to see it move

click record to start making a log

fire it up and drive off

everything is in the getting started write up

http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm
ATPCR
Vehicle Information: 1997 Mountaineer 5.0 that originally had a wasted spark ignition system. I'm converting to coil-near-plug. I will use a 4.6 Luxury Sedan PCM & modified powertrain harness. It will be reprogrammed to operate the Windsor 5.0.

Unread post by ATPCR »

I found a guy on YouTube named Leech Motorsports. He has several videos using the Moates QH with BE software.
My Moates QH (from Core Tuning) showed up today. I still have to get the 5.0 running. I didn't need the Moates quite yet but I was concerned that the ones that Core Tuning has would soon be all gone. I have to wait about 5 more weeks for the Skanmatik 2 Pro + Aux from ECU tools. I have a lot to do before the engine is all back together. Been watching Mr. Leech do some tuning on Fox body EEC-IV vehicles.
red5.0fogger
Vehicle Information: 1986 Mustang GT, Stock block, TFS 170 Heads , N41 cam, ported cobra intake, nitrous, T5 , 3.73s

Unread post by red5.0fogger »

When you buy a QH that's all you get. TurnerproRT is the software Decipha wants us to use and it's free. It's just a download, no hardware needed to use it other than the QH.
ATPCR

Unread post by ATPCR »

@red5.0fogger I purchased this package from Core tuning. The Moates wasn't available by itself.
CaptureMoatesQH&BE.PNG
When my QH arrived, the BE was taped to it.
I know my way around TunerPro a bit. I just wanting my BE dongle and software because I purchased it.
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Unread post by m-barans »

ATPCR wrote: 2023 Oct 17, 21:10 @red5.0fogger I purchased this package from Core tuning. The Moates wasn't available by itself.
CaptureMoatesQH&BE.PNG
When my QH arrived, the BE was taped to it.
I know my way around TunerPro a bit. I just wanting my BE dongle and software because I purchased it.
I can totally understand that. I am curious as to how this BE product works because I also recently made a purchase for another QH and the flash from core. I intend on flashing the best base tune I can put together and want an extra QH just in case. I should have listened to Decipha warning about Moates products not being available forever… I would be glad to help if I can
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

BE is fine and some people prefer it. I used to use it back in the day but then one day they remotely disabled my dongle and I couldn't use it anymore.

BE now has licenses and stuff of that nature so you can't do any development nor does it support binary arithmetic so you can't scale off patches or do any binary editing. Also the datalogging dash requires manual setup as well.

Tunerpro is completely free and open source and has far greater datalogging and actually allows binary editing so for development its a no brainer as its significantly faster and easier. Also theres no licensing and no one can remotely disable it on you either.
ATPCR

Unread post by ATPCR »

Just so I would know what Binary Editor is (I will be using TunerPro RT), last night I downloaded it and looked at available EEC-IV. files.
I didn't see any EEC-V files. I'm a bit confused about the BE dongle. I was looking at available files then I plugged in the dongle and it lit up another "click on" spot that I think has to do with new updated files. Michael, Is that all that the white with red stripe BE dongle Does?
decipha
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

I think all the eec-v stuff for BE is all pay for from core. The dongle is for the license to use the software. I have no idea what all they have going on now as I hadn't used it in almost 10 years.